Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help With '54 Chop -FRESH MEAT-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Ill start this out right...
    Name is Robert
    28 years old
    Dallas Tx - all my life
    Married just over a year

Been into cars since I was hatched!
    My dad was a Mopar man. Raced Darts and Barracudas every weekend, Which meant I was dragged to the track every weekend up till he was killed on his Harley when I was 10.

Interest:
    Tattoos- here are a couple of recent ones:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And My Favorite Forever Work In Progress [​IMG]
    Music -
    Anything from Dropkick Murphys to Social Distortion to Flametrick Subs
    Vespas -
    [​IMG]
    CARS [​IMG]
    PhotoChop -
    [​IMG]

Been Lurking here for a few weeks..
    Did some searches but most of what I am looking for is too old so the images did not show up.
    I am looking for some images that show a chop of a 50-54 Chevy, preferably step by step.
    I am about to attempt my car, which will also be my first chop, and any direction will help.
    Mostly concerned with the locations for the cuts and the rear window. From what I have gathered so far looks like laying the window will not be an option on the '54, So a implanted window/frame will need to be used. That leads to the question of what window works best with the '54?
    Damn nice to find a board like this!!!

2. candyman

candyman

Hey... you look like a comic strip! hehehehe.... I would put more slop towards the back with yer chop... the lines are very flat with it. I don't have any pictures available right now but cole ford did the wickedest chop I have seen on a 54 chebby. Mike ness' 54. Have you seen it? There are a buncha guys with 54 chebbies and such on here... gotta club that they call rockstars with torque wrenches... kind of a unclub really... anyhow.. welcome in...

3. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Welcome to the HAMB. Too bad you weren't here earlier this year for the HAMB Chop...here's a photo of "Poorboy" and his Chevy that we just finished hammerin'

4. http://www.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=8432763/PictureID=166511231/t_=7177509

Go to the above for my chop of your car! (sorry might take while to load..my usual image providers have crapped up bigtime.

welcome...The guys here wont give a shit about your tattS! Hell im getting more ever week now..just never bother postin them here! =]

Nice Ride.

Need to work on the proportions a bit more for that chop!
    Slopey back better!

HEHE welcome again [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Maiki

5. Antibilly

Antibilly

welcome aboard loke [​IMG]!!!
    looks like you got a good start there my friend!

6. Velkommen, after they beat you up a bit I will send ya a Rockstar sticker [​IMG]

7. Candyman -
    I have not seen Mike Ness' 54. Any pics online?

Charlie -
    Yeah I saw that I missed that. Would have been nice to have made it since I have about 3 friends, all with early 50s Chevys that are wanting a chop. Saw some pics of PoorBoys, came out damn nice.

Mai Ki-Ki -
    Can not get the link to work, tellin me page does not exist.
    Do you have them hosted somewhere else or can you email them to me?

DragLinkscc -
    THANKS!

8. what your email address boy!

Check out the NEss 54..sweetest thing ever..Built by Cole

MAIKI

9. [ QUOTE ]
    Velkommen, after they beat you up a bit I will send ya a Rockstar sticker [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sounds good, everyone needs a good beatin every once in a while

10. [ QUOTE ]
    what your email address boy!

Check out the NEss 54..sweetest thing ever..Built by Cole

MAIKI

[/ QUOTE ]

[email protected]

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

11. ness

Attached Files:

12. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WHats the chop on ness car? Front? rear? -J.

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Tattooed fag, this ain't no tattoo forum, you fuck.
    I know how to chop a '54 Chevy but I'm not telling.

14. Mojo

Mojo

Found these on the net a long time ago. No idea who's it is. Already chopped, but it's an interesting rear window treatment... 49 Merc rear window in a 54 chevy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Welcome to the Hamb ........... Its cool to see more guys from the Metroplex area ...... I have some early 50s Chevys, parts and info if ya need some. Plus, I do a little custom work at my shop In Irving. .... maybe you'll meet some of the other dallas hamb guys at the Swap meet this weekend at the Ballpark on Sat

16. Ron

Ron

Here is a 54 Pontiac chop I found on the net.

pontiac

17. Mojo -
    THANKS!!! Gives some ideas for the rear window...

MarkX -
    Sounds good! I do need a couple of things. I will shoot ya an email....

Ron -
    Thanks! Saved in favorites

[ QUOTE ]
    posted by Nads: Tattooed fag, this ain't no tattoo forum, you fuck.
    I know how to chop a '54 Chevy but I'm not telling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nads - Eat a dick ya Cockholster!

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Bring it on TRIGEN, what kind of name is that anyway?
    I see you've got a rolling barrage of Hot Rod cliches scrolling next to your name. Your kind make me embarrassed to sport my Rat Fink stickers anymore.
    I hope you're having a ball in the Metroplex area, nice place to live.
    I'll be at The Lonestar Roubdup just so I can make hamburger out of your 'FRESH MEAT.' I'll be the Albino wearing a Hawaiian print MUMU and carrying an aluminum baseball bat.

Jesus, the chumps are multiplying!!!!

19. Zodoff

Zodoff

Hahaha...... Go Nads! Lol

20. [ QUOTE ]
    Bring it on TRIGEN, what kind of name is that anyway?
    I see you've got a rolling barrage of Hot Rod cliches scrolling next to your name. Your kind make me embarrassed to sport my Rat Fink stickers anymore.
    I hope you're having a ball in the Metroplex area, nice place to live.
    I'll be at The Lonestar Roubdup just so I can make hamburger out of your 'FRESH MEAT.' I'll be the Albino wearing a Hawaiian print MUMU and carrying an aluminum baseball bat.

Jesus, the chumps are multiplying!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont know a fuckin thing about me..
    My Kind???
    What is my kind?
    I made 1 fuckin post on here and you got it all figured out..
    Guess there has to be at least 1 dick on every board...

The rolling cliche of hot rod icons was a picture that a friend made for me, I liked it, used it.
    You Sport Rat Fink Stickers? And who is the cliche?

And how the fuck did me postin an intro and a question turn into you threatining me?

Ill be at the Round Up this year..

21. Don't mind Nads... =)

Go for neat cool look like this IMHO..not the ol red wheels/black car route..(been done to death)

=]

MAIKI

Attached Files:

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh yeah I'm dick #1 on this board. Actually I take that back, germ's got that position locked up tight.
    C'mon loke, be serious, even before you post pictures of your cars we have to endure pictures of your tattoos. Yeah I got you pegged, you're the guys that have cars to accessorize your 'greaser' persona. That's pretty damned funny.
    And I'm not threatening you, I have to carry a baseball bat to balance out my enormous going to the left schlong.
    And I eat corn dogs and use the stick to Q-tip my ears.
    I drank vanilla soy milk this morning, I'm an energized mo-fro.

Here's a picture of my bare behind. I'm the one with poo coming out of it.

Attached Files:

23. [ QUOTE ]
    Don't mind Nads... =)
    Go for neat cool look like this IMHO..not the ol red wheels/black car route..(been done to death)
    =]
    MAIKI

[/ QUOTE ]

Have not decided on the look I am going for yet...
    That is just one of the photochops people had done of the car another board..
    I like the Caddi Hubs on it, looks good.

These are other photochops they did, the smoothies dont look bad either..
    [​IMG]

24. [ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah I'm dick #1 on this board. Actually I take that back, germ's got that position locked up tight.
    C'mon loke, be serious, even before you post pictures of your cars we have to endure pictures of your tattoos. Yeah I got you pegged, you're the guys that have cars to accessorize your 'greaser' persona. That's pretty damned funny.
    And I'm not threatening you, I have to carry a baseball bat to balance out my enormous going to the left schlong.
    And I eat corn dogs and use the stick to Q-tip my ears.
    I drank vanilla soy milk this morning, I'm an energized mo-fro.

Here's a picture of my bare behind. I'm the one with poo coming out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me pegged as a greaser...
    Damn you are far off.

25. candyman

candyman

Hey trigen... you handle yer bidness yer own way... but nads seams dead on with the rockasilly code of conduct you represent yerself as... we don't really need pictures of tattoos and your list of musical taste.. this is a car board... take that for what it's worth... nads... he calls it like he sees it... he will ride you like he rode yer mom... hehehe.. won't let up either... these are the old ways of the hamb... your jedi mind tricks won't work with him... you will need to reach deep into the bag of tricks... or bag of weed... depending on your angle... hahaha

26. CAR LOOKS GOOD BRO, WELCOME TO THE SITE, DONT MIND THESE GUYS, I TAKE A LOT OF CRAP FROM SOME OF THEM BUT MOST OF THEM ARE KOOL GUYS, NEED ANY HELP CALL ME AT THE SHOP, GOOD LUCK

27. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Welcome.........I kinda like this one......
    [​IMG]