Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help with 50 lincoln windshield in stall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50lincolnsport, Jul 15, 2009.

1. 50lincolnsport

50lincolnsport

i have no idea what to do here. do i use a sealant of some sort ? i have the original two piece glass and center bar. i am going to the midnight mass the 25th and need to get it done before so i can drive it on the freeway without eating bugs, i mean i am not scared. i use to have a rock buggy i would drive on the roads at 75 mph. Thanks.

2. 50lincolnsport

50lincolnsport

HELP ! ! ! ! need info glue type ? seals ?

3. 50lincolnsport

50lincolnsport

ok i got a seal from sac vintage ford it is supposed to be for 49-50 mercury and it does not fit it is to big. whats the deal ? any one had any issue's like this before ? thank you ;)

4. old beet

old beet

49-51 Merc and "Baby Lincoln" use the same glass and seal,,,Except Merc station wagon, it is about 2 inches taller?????? Wrong seal?????

5. blubaja

blubaja
    from NJ

I work for an autoglass place. Never done anything before 70's. You prolly have a gasket seal tho. Not too bad to install with a little patience, and finesse. You SHOULD just contact your local autoglass shop and see if they can help you out.

6. a little soap and a small rope will get it done