Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical NEED HELP! wiring sun transmitter tach

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead 37, Jun 17, 2015.

1. flathead 37

flathead 37

so i have an old sun transmitter tach and i have it all wired except the wire that is supposed to go to the old dome style distributor. i dont know where to run the wire. i would imagine that it would have to hook up to the spring that is pointed out in the picture. i just dont know how and dont want to screw anything up. any ideas how to hook it up?

Attached Files:

2. Muttley

Muttley

This should help:

[​IMG]

3. flathead 37

flathead 37

i havent got a separate coil though. on this style distributor it is all one peice

4. Is your transmitter box marked for 8 cyl--6 volt??? I forget the EB number. That is the box you will need when you find where to hook it to the primary side of your coil

5. flathead 37

flathead 37

yes its 8 cyl 6 volt. its model number is E-1

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  6. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

You know what wire to hook to the distributor side of the coil. You just need help figuring out where inside that old flatty distributor to hook it, since the coil is built into the distributor. So the flatty distributor experts can probably help you more than the Sun tach experts. You may want to rename the thread something like " where to hook the tach wire in an old flathead ford distributor". Good luck!