Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help, what is this 50's/60's go kart?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grumpy1966, Jan 4, 2004.

1. grumpy1966

grumpy1966

I pulled this from my uncle's yard before he sent it to the scrap yard. I know nothing about it and wondered if someone here might know.

Thanks

Grumpy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Interesting cart.

It's polite to introduce yourself before you start slingin' questions at us.

3. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I don't know anything about it, but it would be a kool project.

I have seen one similar to that at a Springfield, Mo. Street machine show a couple of years back.

Jim

4. Thats unique- and worth restoring as accurately as you can-I'd think.....Big A' is right- An Intro would be good.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

looks like an amusement ride, with slab sides and bumpers it must have been part of a closed course ride?..

now who are you?

6. grumpy1966

grumpy1966

Sorry, my bad, Jason here. I tend to play with VW's, (I know, I know, be gentle) but I have a few old pedal cars and antique bicycles I mess around with. The HAMB came highly recommended as a place to get info on this project. I appreciate the info, keep it coming. Looks like I will have to do some digging to find pics and info.

If I can't get pics before I get to working on this I will primer it with flames, maybe a tuck-n-roll interior. Nothing that can't be put back.

[ QUOTE ]
    Poster: 60's Style
    looks like an amusement ride, with slab sides and bumpers it must have been part of a closed course ride?..

[/ QUOTE ] -- you maybe right. Kinda like the ones that they had at Disney World a few years back.

Jason