Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEED HELP!! Throttle Linkage Info!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddy_hoks62, Apr 22, 2011.

1. caddy_hoks62

caddy_hoks62

Ok so i have a 1962 Cadillac Sedan Deville that i just swapped in a 700r4 using a wilcap adapter. Everything went so smooth untill last night when i went to hook up my stock throttle linkage to a 1406 edelbrock. I am also using a Bowtie Overdrives TV linkage kit which mounts right over where my throttle linkage used to go through... My caddy uses a push style linkage. How do i make that into a pull style or make it work the way it suppose to. Has anyone else ran into this situation and if so how did you remedy it. Im a week away from a car show and i gotta get this shit fixed NOW!!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Change over to a Lokar gas pedal with a cable.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Need pics.......................

4. caddy_hoks62

caddy_hoks62

well im at work now, so i cant put up any pics. seriously any help would be greatful, without having to go and order parts and wait for them time is kind of an issue now. someone out there has ran into this sort of problem before.

5. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Seems like you need to buy or build a bellcrank to make it work.

6. Make a braket that bolts to the carb throttle arm that extends it down.
    Attach the push rod to the bottom and it will operate the carb

7. did you talk to bowtie ? they are pretty good.

That tv cable needs to be on the money or it will eat the trans before you make it around the block.

so the pedal movement equals push at the carb.
    carb needs pull and the tv needs to be where bowtie put it.

ricks idea sound like the ticket.
    little graph paper and some measurment of travel should tell you exactly wher to ut the pivots.

8. caddy_hoks62

caddy_hoks62

Talked to a tech at bowtie and the told me either to switch to a cable set up... or do something like rick said so i think im going that route thanks again i really appreciate the help in a time of need.