Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help shipping glass..hamb relay from Cincinnati, Ohio to Orem, Utah

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, May 4, 2010.

1. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I'm buying 6 pieces of original 32' glass from a fellow in Cincinnati Ohio. Its way to expensive to box and ship. Anyone heading from that area out to the west coast, that I can pay to have you bring me the glass?

Also I plan on going to the LA Roadster show this June. If your heading from the Ohio area out to the show I can meet you there and get the glass.

If you think you can help me with this p.m. me or call me: 801-787-2299

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Anyone got plans heading out this way?

3. Original 32 glass isn't leagal and insurance companies won't like it. I've kept a few piece's over the years. Safety glass wasn't required by law till 1939. Henry Ford was a pioneer with the laminated windshields. but the side and rear were just raw glass

4. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I didn't know that. I was planing on getting some better safety glass for the front, but I wasn't aware that I couldn't use the side and rear glass.

I just don't want brand new perfect clear glass. What would be the best way to find flat glass that is a little hazy to cut down and use? Maybe a bus out of a wrecking yard?