Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help Roll down rear window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bskustoms, Feb 10, 2013.

1. I've lost the thread on how to install a Model A roll down rear window. There was a link somewhere on the ,but being "dumb" I erased the link.
    I would appreciate help in findinding it again.
    Thanks

2. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If your coupe didn't come with a roll down window, you can get everything to install one from Mac's Model A in Buffalo NY. I have a Tudor which wasn't offered with a roll down but I wanted that rear ventillation. Also, I did not want to climb back to roll it down so I built a power window and it was real easy. If you have a wood kit installed in the coupe, then the frame is there to mount the felt tracks. I installed a track from the side window to the botttom of the rear window. I installed a linear actuator mounted to the inner body frame below the window and used a two way switch mounted on the dash. The top is chopped so I cut the glass to match. It works perfectly. A picture of the install can be seen at this website, unfortunately, the actuator is behind the gas tank.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52296758@N06/