Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help on M-D Supercharger, Miehle Dexter ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Double 'G', Dec 15, 2010.

1. Double 'G'

Double 'G'
    from Houston

Allright guys,

I need to get some creative thinking going on here. I recently took a gamble on a Supercharger that I would like to modify and bolt to a early Hemi. I bought it from a good ol' Supercharger guy and he seems to know what he is talking about. I, on the other hand, just like old cool looking stuff. I cannot find anything on this unit so how about you. I am told it could be a late 50's or early 60's supercharger, the previous owner indicates that it was designed for an auto engine, but bases that on the fact that it is tagged a 'supercharger'.

It has an aluminum body, three blade-straight cut rotors, and is a little bigger than a GMC 6-71 Blower. The rotors are about 12 inches long and it is gear driven. It has some similarities to a unit discussed on here over a year ago, but that unit was all cast, half the size and seemed earlier in design.

The previous owner also said he had seen a picture of a similar unit on the cover of a Hot Rod Yearbook #5, but I have not been able to find an image to compare. I will try to get some better pictures and post.

What say you ol' skool hot rodders, and nostalgia car guys on the matter? Thanks.

Gary Gould

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. looks like it will WHINE like a baby looking for Milk.....Leche in South Tejas:mad:

3. Double 'G'

Double 'G'
    from Houston

bump to the top