Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help on 392 t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I know this is frowned upon , but I need some help on value. Got wind of a local T bucket with a blown (supercharged) 392 Hemi in it. Too much for me, want a different engine. What would that engine be worth approximately? That is what could I sell it for. Thanks

Bones

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

How long is a piece of string?
    A Willys roadster came up for sale locally the other year with a blown hemi, it had documented $$ spent on it and was low mileage. It would have been a great buy just for the engine alone for another next project. Swap in a SBC and flip it and you'd be miles in front by saving serious $$ as it all had been done right.
    Are you sure it is a 392, not an early extended bell? Check the engine# to verify bonafides.
    Start with a base running hemi and then cobble together the individual components; intake, blower, drive, carb(s). What is under the rocker covers and inside the engine; cam, valve train, pistons etc. Who made the components, when was it put together and by who, how many miles are on it? OEM bore or OS?

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Thanks stumpy, I know this was a shot in the dark, but wanted input as much as I could get. I know the 392s bring some money. Went to look at the t bucket..... it had been sold.... the buyer is going to sell the 392 and put a sbc in it! Kinda sounds familiar doesn’t it? Just my luck ..... a day late and a dollar short. Still not giving up, the original seller says the whole bucket is for sale.... the hunt goes on.

Bones

4. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hmmm, I don't know about this idea... If I felt the mill was too wild, it could/can be tamed down in lots of ways(wtf, just lower the boost - underdrive if needed!, + then whatever else.), the visual & auditory would still be there. Since that's a big part of the T-bucket deal, well, too bad you missed out on it anyways. Better luck next time. :) .
    Marcus...

5. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

What I’m looking for is a mild FORD powered basic t bucket. Heard about this one, the price was right, thought I could sell the big Hemi mill and kinda get the bucket for free. Then put my engine in it. But a guy expressed an interest in my ‘50 Merc body, so may have some extra coins for the t. Believe me.... I need all the luck I can get! Lol

Bones

41rodderz likes this.
  6. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

OOOOO, Cammer or Shotgun, right!??? :D :D .
    I get it, we all want different things - it's what makes the world go around, + keeps it interesting... :D . I just found it amusing, as a friend got a t-bucket w/a 327 chev, & really wanted a hemi. Eventually I found him a 392, but he built it almost stock, w/some nice upgrades. No blower, however, he can, & does, jump in it & then rolls 600 mi one way w/o issue. Repeatedly. Thing is a serious "reacher", & he's very happy w/that(since that is what he built it as/for), esp since a couple of his t-bucket buddies have the "just need more power" issues - & he doesn't have the issues they do. :D .
    Keep looking, it'll come.
    Marcus...