Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help locating the vin on my Panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scummy13, Mar 30, 2009.

1. scummy13

scummy13

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew where the VIN would be located on a 1954 ford panel truck. I have had no luck locating it. I tried the search function and it came up blank. I checked the door jambs, the glovebox door and under the dash. Any help is greatly apreciated.
    Thanks,
    Marc

2. metalman

metalman

Should be a tag inside the glovebox door and a stamp on the framerail just in front of the firewall. Check both sides, they were on the left rail for years but I know 56 it's on the right rail, not sure what year it changed sides.

3. yup, the glove box door and i believe they were screwed on (funny huh?).......mine was missing so i have an official state tag on there now.

4. scummy13

scummy13

I guess mine is missing too then. Was it hard to get the tag?

5. mine was on the truck already, but i think if you go to the dmv or chp with the pink slip then it might go through or enlist the help of one of those title companies. i know mid fifty can make new plates with your vin on it but you need paperwork and it take a few weeks.

6. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

I have a 55 ford panel and it is stamped on the top of the frame, just in front of the cab front mount.

7. duste01

duste01

I have a tag from a 55 express truck sitting in my tools box, no papers though. Anybody want or need?

8. Like the others said it is usually found on the top ID tag in the inside of the glove box door and on the drivers side frame rail just in front of the cab mount. Also if you still have the original engine and trans it will be on the top of the bell housing right where it connects to the engine.

9. scummy13

scummy13

Thanks guys. I don't have any paper work for the truck, only a bill of sale so this is probably going to be a pain in the a$$. I do have the orig. engine and trans in it so I will check there also.

10. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

All you need to do is Locate the number stamped on the frame rails and have it Vin Verified when you register it.

File for lost Pink Slip, They will require a Vin Verification.

The one inside the Glove box is only for easy access & is not neccissary
    unless you have cut the stock frame off for a Nova Clip or sumpthin.

If it has a vin on the frame, It will be simple as Pie to register..

I should go into Biz Registering these cars for people.... Everyone gets there Pantys in a wad every time... If it has a Vin.. It CAN be registered!

11. scummy13

scummy13

Finaly found the VIN today. It was located on the front cross member passenger side. The only issue I have now is the first two digits are not ledgeable. It looks like F?0V4R225XX. I know for a F100 the first three Digits are F10, but is there a difference for a panel truck?

12. Paul2748

Paul2748

I though they stopped putting the vin on the trans in 48

13. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

If it was a military vehicle it may not have had a VIN.

14. Verminator

Verminator

F10V is correct for panel also. My 55 Panel is F10V5Exxxxxxx....

15. scummy13

scummy13