Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help learning to cut with Oxy&Gas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Aug 30, 2013.

1. One other thing I noticed. On my acetylene gauge the needle is bouncing back and forth. I don't know it I have a problem with the gauge or not. I bought them used. I'm thinking I may want to get them rebuilt. Todd

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best advice----Trade in all your present equipt. & use Victor equipt.---Best in the business!
    Use a 00 cutting tip for 3/16 & lighter.
    Acet. set at 7-10 lbs
    Oxy at 35 lbs.
    Torch butt oxy valve open wide.
    Open acet. 1/4 turn.
    Open oxy side valve on cutting attachment to draw back points to a sharp point while holding cutting lever down all the way.

Like all previous guys advice---Practice until you are satisfied with your results.
    Good luck!
    Don----Welding since 1951

3. stimpy

stimpy

actually install the flash backs at the end of the candle , I have seen hoses on jobsites that had a burn back in them and when it came undone ( burned thru ) it whipped like a wild snake with a bad case of heartburn shooting flames .

4. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Not sure where your cutting,but the last thing you need is hot metal flying around the workshop,nothing worse than the feeling of burnt skin and pants on fire.In my shed I have 44gal steel drum [no lid]with grid steel''it's commonly used on work platforms'',this i placed on top of the drum,so you put your steel down and when your cutting,the sparks are contained in the drum,good luck,Gaz!

5. derbydad276

derbydad276

THIS!!! wrecking yards have been doing it this way for years propane is a lot cheaper if all your doing is cutting the cost of one bottle will make up for the cost of the tip needed