Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help leaning back 32 roadster windshield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1930ModelA, Jul 3, 2016.

1. 1930ModelA

1930ModelA

Getting ready to start on a 32 roadster and want to chop and lean back an original windshield (don't want to go with the curved wanless style).

Want to chop original style windshield about 3 inches and lay it back no more than 10 degrees.

My question is what is the best way to do this. Pie cut the stanchions or rotate the stanchion. Also I do not want to have a gap at the bottom of the windshield and the cowl.

If anyone has any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated and pics would be great.

Thank you in advance Nick

2. verde742

verde742
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

grind at the bottom-back, where the swivel is, been there, done that, look fantastic, don't grind to MUCH at a time.

Not on post, but on part that bolts to body, It will be obvious, 4"grinder,
    one or 4 passes.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    stillrunners likes this.
  3. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

I chopped my A frame 2" and pie cut the original stanchions. Worked fine. Mine are painted black so the work is covered up.

4. I simply laid my windshield back using the original lower stanchion's although I didn't have to chop my windshield,I traded my originals for repop chopped ones. HRP

[​IMG]

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. ratrod0

ratrod0

6. krylon32

krylon32
    Alliance Vendor
    from Nebraska

On my roadster I obbed the lower stanchion mounting hole in the body and slid the bottom of the base forward enough to get the desired 10 degree lean back. I adjusted the 3 inch chopped frame when I chopped it so my bottom gap was minimal

lurker mick likes this.
  7. Mine are done exactly like Krylon32's, no need to cut anything and the bottom rubber still seals just fine.

Mick
    oakley2011a.jpg

boones27t likes this.