Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help in Memphis, Tn!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MY girlfriend is currently in Memphis and trying to get back to NC in the next two weeks but is having some issues with her '64 nova running rough...it has a freshly rebuilt 194 six in it. Hard to tell what is going on over the phone with the way she is describing it(that, and I'm no mechanic). Big issue is trying to find a reputable mechanic in the area. She took it to a shop and they are giving her the run around and seeming to be attempting to take advantage of the fact that she's a soft spoken girl. Can anyone PLEASE recommend ASAP???

2. bump for help

3. Call Walker Radiator Works & ask them who can help. Surely they can point you toward a reputable shop.

901-527-4605
    800-821-1970

JH

4. Thank you guys!

5. make sure the intake manifold isn't leaking those chevy 6's have a bad habit of warping.

6. mattlepperd

mattlepperd

Lucky,if you want to call me I can maybe help over the phone. A 64 Nova is pretty simple and I would hate to have her get ripped off. The trouble is that most guys who work in garages these days have never seen a carb or points.
    pm me if you want my number.

7. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

check your PM's. sent some local contacts