Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help identifying a craftsman tool box

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by wrong generation, Jul 27, 2020.

1. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

I just got a bigger craftsman tool box. And I'm trying to identify it. So i can get some parts for it.

Here are some pictures i found on Google. While trying to find out what the model number or date was.

You guys know all. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

Attached Files:

Mr.Antiguos likes this.
  2. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

If there is no tag/stamp on the back of the box, check the back wall of the top drawers.
    If not there, tag may be on inside wall of cabinet... have fun pulling drawers.

3. squirrel

squirrel

Attached Files:

wrong generation likes this.
  4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I just sold that one and up graded to a larger set of boxes . I had mine for 20 plus years

5. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

@deathrowdave pm sent.

@MAD MIKE lol I had to pull the remaining drawers anyways. So i could strip it down for body work and paint.

You guys are awesome. I found this box on the side of the road in the trash. It needs work and a paint job. But having a 41" box will be awesome. I currently have a early 60's 26" craftsman box that was my dad's. But this will replace it. Just need to restore it first lol

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. ................How come the only thing I find on the side of the road are McDonald's bags??!!

egads, Truck64 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  7. Great score !!!!!

up here tool boxes command silly money even used old beat up junk is still worth good money.

Been looking for an old beach or craftsman machinist box for a decent price for a while now.

8. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

Are they at least full of food?

9. ......................Sadly, no.

egads and VANDENPLAS like this.
  10. You might also check on the Garage Journal forum;they have a great section on tools and tool boxes.