Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help identifying a bellhousing!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timmy t, Sep 26, 2008.

1. timmy t

timmy t

working on a 32 sedan. putting a 327 and t5 in it , My friend loaned me a bellhousing he thought it has a first gen nova(chevyII) I got a hold of year one and they sent me a clutch fork but it isnt the right part. this bellhousing has a hole at 7oclock where the clutch fork exits and the pivot ball is on the passanger side at 1 oclock. I cant find any numbers anywhere the only thing it has is a GM towards the back. Help!!!!

2. skwurl

skwurl

A pic would be nice. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm thinking it may be a Gm bellhousing.Th pivot ball cannot be on the oppsite side of the clutch fork.

3. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

That sounds like a Chevy Monza bellhousing. Is there a hole for a clutch cable near the hole for the clutch fork?

4. timmy t

timmy t

The pivot ball it on the passanger side at 1 oclock . I dont have a clutch fork that is what Im looking for. The hole for the fork is shaped like a long triangle with three small threaded holes around it.

5. Phil1934

Phil1934

6. timmy t

timmy t

7. skwurl

skwurl

I stand corrected. My apologies sir. i have never seen a pivot ball on the end of a clutch fork.

8. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

TimmyT-
    That is the bellhousing I was referring to. I'm reattaching the picture. On the face of the bellhousing, in the picture, you can see the hole where the cable would insert from the front of the bellhousing. That would indicate that it is a Monza bellhousing.

The only other bellhousing, I can think of, that MAY have a fork like the one in the picture would be on that had an hyd cyl for activation. Late Camaros and some S10s had hyd clutches.

Attached Files:

9. timmy t

timmy t

thanks for all the info. I dont know if this will work if it gets pulled from the front I have a pete and jakes hydro. clutch pedal. Time to rethink!!

10. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

I am using one of those in my 27 T . Mounted a slave cylinder off the trans ,push type works tits. If you have a pull cylinder and are mounting it by the engine it will work fine.