Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEED HELP! Dist. broke off in block

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malpass, Sep 10, 2007.

1. so im tearing down this old 283 to build and im pulling the dist out, at first it didnt wanna go so i shot with some WD and cracked it with a hammer, because i dont plan on reusing this dist. well, it came out, except for the shaft and the shaft housing flush with the block, so now its stuck and im not really shure how to remove it without destroying anything else. any suggestions?

2. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

just an idea...
    Could you drill and tap it then use a good size bolt tighten it, hopefully the housing would spin loose when it hits the bottom of threads?

3. If you are going to rebuild the engine, no big deal. Pull the cam and oil pump and get a drift up in there and gently tap the distributor remnant out. The drift will need to be awful close to the hole diamter the oil pump shaft goes through.

4. thanks cyclops, i should have thought of that myself, just kinda freaked me out and i got worried without thinking it through.