Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help collecting from deadbeat HAMBER

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagesurvivor, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hsheartaches

hsheartaches

Kick his ass...plain and simple. :)

2. brewsir

brewsir

repossess the paint if he still owns the car........paint stripper works well...or a razor blade might get ya a nice 1 inch strip.

3. McKee

McKee

This guy's such a pussy that the first thing he'll do is call the cops, I'm not too interested in going to jail,....besides, one good smack and this guy would probably keel over dead!

4. McKee

McKee

Supposedly he hasn't used the paint yet but 6 year old paint (still in the can) is well beyond normal shelf life and however appealing it might be, vandalising his car is not really my style but I sure like your idea!

5. 53burb

53burb

The best thing to do is make his name MUD! Or is he has a shop or something like that, just fuck with him and hire someone to break into his place and rip his ass off. That would not be a good thing to do but, karma is a bitch! Where about's in Toronto are ya? I used to live there. I grew up there until I was 16. KNUX!

6. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Lenny, I'm going to step in here for Mark cause he's a great guy and you have to understand Mark is one of those rare fellows that think's the old way.."a man's work is his bond until proven otherwise". You cant' condemn everybody for a few jerks mistakes. Nuf said, Good luck Mark.
    Dick

7. Make the deadbeat fuckers name known far and wide...Ruin his good name "yeah like he has one" Tell everyone who will listen cause rodders generally look out for each other. Make a webpage anonymously and tell the tale,leave links to the page everywhere including on wanted and for sale forums.I,d rather have been tipped off than to be ripped off! Ratmotor.

8. McKee

McKee

I lived in T.O. most of my life but now I'm out in the 'burbs...Oakville.

9. Mass Butcher

Mass Butcher

I just got pm'd about this thread, as I have not been on here in a while. I work in the same building as Steve and see him about twice a week. I was totally unaware of this situation.

I will bring it up and see what's going on. Steve is not a bad guy and is not the type to stiff anyone. There is still no excuse for not paying for something.

If the original poster will pm me with an address I will ensure that he gets the money, even if I have to pay it myself and I will collect the money from Steve.

10. Moving my son to Oakville this September.He got accepted to Sheridan for an advanced Media Arts program! Ratmotor.

11. THECHICK

THECHICK

Dave- if the organization is the one I am an Asst Director for (and that our shop is donating the work for ) ,PM me
    --------------------------------

12. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Must be the Michigan water. I just shipped a Manifold one way and seatbelts another for different HAMBers and got paid by both! I thought I was the only one trusting a bit too much..

I hope you get your cash back.

Even with a 10 cent refund, that's 2 full bags of beer cans!!

13. THECHICK

THECHICK

I guess out here in Boston we are pretty cynical in beleiving someone would actually trust enough to give something away before getting paid. It RARELY happens that you find someone like that. Luckily the HAMB seemed like a place where we would all be trusting.

Im sure Steve will come through-this is really out of character for him. Good luck.

14. McKee

McKee

Sent you a PM

Dave

15. kb cookout

kb cookout

Here something for all you Reuben Fuke fans:mad:

he usings the ebay name ;

evilways51

he email is [email protected]

he has such a good rep ebay:rolleyes:

have fun

later
    kb cookout

16. evilgenius

evilgenius

get the original agreement in writing and haul his ass to court. if the guy doesn't pony up complete payment up front, treat it like any contracting sorta job. this in exchange for this. sign. kinda hard to do it after the fact though, but when you have a paper trail it's a lot easier to have a case against someone.

17. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

I have the email where he states that he WILL pay the shipping costs. The postal service and the local court where he lives has a copy of all PM's, noting that he stated emphatically he wanted the headers, and was going to pay the $48.00. it was an agreement, one he'll have a hard time weaseling out of when I get to his shop , not to mention the courtroom.

18. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

make up your mind...are you gonna beat him up? or take him to court? I havent seen one person say anything bad about this guy...They HAVE said that this is not like him... What if this guy is in a coma or worse? Karma kids its Karma... Why not ask some of the people on here that know the guy if they can tell him to call you and work something out or see whats going on? Damage might be done now and it may be too late for something simple like that to happen..
    If I started getting public "threats" that someone is going to pay 350 bucks to take a plane ride to my house and get 48 bucks and sue me...Im gonna sit back on my porch and wait for ya to show up..Especially if ive been away due to illness ,family matters and what not...Be careful...you could go knockin on his door and get some teeth knocked out and be out more than 400 bucks...He can print this thread and call it self defense...
    That would surely suck right there....
    I hope you get your money and i hope this fellers ok.I also hope I can solve World Hunger by lunch time!
    Have a good day...

Spray gasket remover is the best paint remover...spray on....let it foam...see the foam dissapear....first wash or rain will rinse the paint right off the car ..Primer and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. His car didn't do anything wrong.

20. brewsir

brewsir

He did. Punch a guy in the beak it will cost ya more than the shot was worth. expensive lesson to eat a grand worth of paint....another expensive lesson to lose a nice paint job becuase you didn't pay for it! (and knowingly screwed the guy out of the materials and stuffed it in his face)
    That being said...I would not really screw with a man's car....maybe threaten to, but never touch it...just wasn't brought up that way.

21. Yeah good point, it is all about paint.

So, brewsir has shown me the light again.

how about...

AIRCRAFT REMOVER! Get it while it's hot ladies and gentlemen. Aircraft Remover is the latest in hip turbo paint removing technology. It slices, it dices, it cuts right through any paint as fast as you can say... AIRCRAFT REMOVER!
    Available at a Walmart near you in the automotive touch up paint dept.

But seriously... a fine mist will bubble up everything down to bare metal. This shit is hardcore. I've been using it for years to clean up around the shop but you have to be careful. If you get any on you, you'll damn sure regret it. I used it to strip down the radiator on my 53 chevy to bare brass then clear coated it so I don't have to polish it all the time. Looks like shiny brass now.

I was a lil drunk years ago and working on my car (shut up I had to learn the hard way) so I hear a squeek from the hood hinge of my 70 chevelle ss396. I grab what I thought was WD40 but it was aircraft remover that some genius (me) had not put back up. I caught my mistake but I had already tapped it and a fine mist fell down over my fender and bubbled the god damn paint right up. Pissed me off.

I've tried everything, and one of these days they'll ban aircraft remover, I just know it. But I keep a stock pile.

It foams up, there might be something you could spray it into then pour or break it on the car but I have no clue what would hold it and not get eaten up other than metal. Just fuckin walk by with a can of it and shoot it all across it. Should leave a 6" pinstripe down the side.

22. It still feels wrong though.. a man's car.. it's just one of those things ya don't mess with.

23. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

No shit, just punch him in the mouth if you're that pissed off. I'd prolly fight someone over someone I didn't know's '92 Geo if they were fucking with it. I'm not even someone who punches someone, either, you just don't fuck with someone's car...

24. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

Oh, I am not threatening anyone, I am just going to get my $48.00 from him.
    Maybe you missed the part where I said a MAN keeps his word.He owes me , and I sent him the stuff.

I kept my end of the bargain, he needs to keep his.

Come on, even if by the longshot he is injured, he could have anyone he knows write a check and drop the thing i the mail IN 8 WEEKS!

Excuses.

I will post all of his PM's so that you can see the excuses when I get back from working on the car. I have been "Promised" by this loser more than 3 times that the check was on it's way.

Mark

25. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Why don't you just chalk it up as a lesson learned? You win some and you lose some. looks like you might have lost one:(. Theres some jerk running my straight axle under a 55 Chevy somewhere out there. Same deal, But I ain't getting my shorts up in a knot over it. I'm sure it will come back around someday then I'll get mine.:cool: :cool: :D

26. =mike=

=mike=

did you miss this part or did you already talk to this guy ?

27. Scott

Scott

Agreed, chock it up and get on with your life.

28. Mass Butcher

Mass Butcher

I spoke w/Steve last night at a local cruise night. He will contact the original poster if he already hasn't. It's not my place to explain what happened, I'm sure he will log on and explain.

29. First sensible thing I've read on this thread. Possession is nine points of the law. He's got the headers that you mistakenly "gave" away. Cops and courts aren't going to look kindly on a guy that gets all spun out over 48.00 to the point of 'visiting" the guy or committing criminal vandalism and destruction of property - let alone assault and battery.

Personally, I don't trust anyone until they prove me wrong. The burden of proof is on the general public.

A guy that burns you for spare change like less than 50.00 is going to have a million excuses for doing so and most of them will be pretty good too. I mean, its not like we're talking about 5 grand here.

Lesson learned.

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dont touch his car, go to whatever hangout his wife goes to and pick her up......... that'll fuckim!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.