Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help 'cipherin these Ford 94 part numbers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank, May 1, 2007.

1. Frank

Frank

I have searched threads to exhaustion and checked out some web sites, but I haven't found my answer. I picked up 5 94's over the weekend. Each having a different part number (my inexperience. I thought all 94's were the same...live and learn). So I am trying to learn as much as I can. Is there a spreadsheet somewhere telling what each part number was used on? Which ones are more desirable than others?

All were fairly clean and nothing froze up.
    I have
    (2) Ford 94, EAB, Side has a 15/16 on them
    (1) Ford 1, EBU
    (1) Ford 94, no other numbers (had a sticker that was faded, but nothing underneath. Looks like an old rebuild. Cleanest of the bunch)
    (1) Ford 94, 7RT

I have been thinking about a 3x2 or 4x2 set up and wondering if even though the part numbers don't match exactly, what makes them different? The jetting and power valves? Wouldn't the bores be the same? Can you mix these? (yeah, I know that is just asking for trouble.)

2. warbozz

warbozz

The 'true' 94's can be mixed and matched. The one 'mystery' 94 you have has a replacement body, and that's why it's a bit nicer looking. A good rebuilder can make the 94's work well together. The 1950's Ford code numbers show the size in the second letter of the code. An EAB is a 15/16" because of the 'A', an EBU is a 1" because of the 'B', and an ECG is a 1 1/16" because of the 'C'. Theres some other letter combos, but the middle letter is the key.

3. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I don't remember the issue, but the Rodders Journal had an article explianing all that. Thats how I figured out what my 48's were.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

EAB is '52-3, has different nozzle bars than earlier models
    \7RT is early F1, just like *BA but throttle and choke hookups differ.
    EBU is a 1, not 94...early Y Block
    plain 94...is it late with vac hole in back?? Nozzle bars like 7RT or like EAB?
    is there a number in circle on back?

The codes mentioned are Ford PN prefixes designating original application by year and model...the number on back like 94 (15/16) or one designates bore size...Ford prefixes on side sometimes turn up on later Holley aftermarket carbs of size and application different from the Ford designation carried over on an old mold!

5. Frank

Frank

Nozzle bars match those in the EAB. The 7RT looks different. The number circle says 94, but on the side where the others have numbers its smooth. No other numbers to be found. Yes, it has the vacuum port.

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

OK, pull a nozzle bar and drop in a quarter...in a 94, the quarter looks like it will go through the venturi but just barely fails...test may not be performed with two dimes and a nickel.
    if the quarter goes through, it's a 1 or bigger.
    If vac port, it is either late (1949 up) or a universal replacement. Nozzle bars like / are 1952 up til the booster venturis in late Y block ones, bars like^ are used '39-51.