Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need gas pedal ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8 Bake, Oct 3, 2008.

1. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

I am still slowly working on my 28 sedan and ran into a problem with the throttle pedal.With the clutch,brake and steering there is no room left for the gas on the floor.I have been thinking that there is room on top of trans. tunnel and it is pretty comfortable. The problem with that is there is not much room between it and the tank.I need an idea that will give me room for the linkage AND pedal.A problem solver pedal from speedway might work mounted sideways but I would rather build some thing.I know it is not that hard to do but I got a head ache thinking about it.I would love to hear some ideas.
    Joe

2. iamspencer

iamspencer

hand controlls

3. Roupe

Roupe

I'll get you some pics tonight of my '28 truck. It's real tight but I made it work with a homemade spoon pedal. I wouldn't put it on top of the tunnel.

4. bryan6902

bryan6902

If you want to die, use hand controls. Borrow somebodys handicapped van for a couple hours and try it out. As long as you have functioning feet and legs the hand controls are just annoying and dangerous. Don't get me wrong if it's your only option they are great and I'm glad you can have 'em, just not a great idea if you don't need 'em.

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Lets see some pics of your mess. I'm thinking spoon pedal bent on a 90 degree, so the pedal droops left of the tunnel. Can you clearance the tunnel any?

6. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

I have got it under control now after a good nights rest. All I had to do was build a bracket to mount the pedal on. Some times I try to over think on things and over look the obvious. Thanks for your help though.
    Joe