Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need front signal light ideas for a '35 Ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RICH B, Oct 26, 2015.

1. cretin

cretin

Here is the headlight reflector in the '36 at the shop with the turn signal in it. And a photo of the reflector behind the lens, showing that you can't see the extra bulb in there.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446146379.007193.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446146402.706873.jpg

2. xracer40

xracer40

Not all amber led's are amber when there is no power on them or the red ones red for that matter.
    You can get bulbs that are "clear" when they are off and would not be so obvious.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJD4DRC?keywords=amber led 1157&qid=1446147317&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
    [​IMG]

3. I found out that the one in the center (left turn) can also mean that the lady is drying her finger nail polish.

Charlie Stephens

4. LOL I use hand signals all the time here and no one has a clue what they even mean. But lots of people wave back at me. :D

@Charlie Stephens you will appreciate this if no one else does. last year I made a right hand signal and turned off a US highway to get gas. A guy followed me into the gas stop and came walking over to me at the pumps to apologize, I guess he was tailgating me and thought I was flipping him off. Hell I never even knew he was there. :D Glad he wasn't a tough guy.

5. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

Just picked these up, really cool lines ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446167638.560385.jpg

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  6. How about these
    [​IMG]

Early 50s (don't shoot me) MG fender lights..Only about 3 inches long

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

How about an led in the headlight riser.

8. I use hand signals all the time.....people still think I'm waving.

RICH B likes this.
  9. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Those are nice. Where are they from?

10. Good idea. Kinda thinking about something like that after someone had mentioned the oval lights in the big truck headlight stands in an earlier post; maybe a smaller LED (or regular) light "hidden" in the headlight stand might be workable; gotta dig out the stands and see how much shows under a lowered headlight bucket.
    Wish I could find a pair of the glass "bubbles" from some Guide 904 lights, maybe add them to my '35 lights; really liked how they worked on Bull's A sedan.

11. Any more info on those?

12. You can sometimes find on ebay lucas L516. Couple on there now... You can also buy new from England, but pricey

13. i made a set of these from some ss tube and a piece of ss. the led slipped right in and i bolted it to the head light mounting stud. DSCF3502.JPG DSCF3504.JPG

14. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

image.jpeg I made the fog lights turn signals on my '35. You can definitely see them when they light up!

RICH B likes this.
  15. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

bike stop lights IMG_0226_4_1.JPG

16. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Below the headlight is a bolt head for the shock upper mount, the two little chrome bolt looking things are actually led lights that Speedway sells, they are very bright. Most people think they are small bolts. DSCN2649.JPG

17. Here is what I am doing on my 37 Plymouth I made a blister then used a dimple die to recess the light so it sits flush with blister I will be attaching them to lower section of the grill between the fender about four inches from the bottom. You can check out my build thread for more info I'm not sure how this would look on a Ford but just thought I would offer up an option. Have a Great Day! Jim
    IMG_2234.JPG

18. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Ive got 35 sedan on the go at the moment, any where I can see more pics?

19. 35cab

35cab

33/34 cowl lights on my cabriolet. IMG_3604.JPG

RICH B likes this.
  20. Hey that even looks sorta Fordish. '36 headlights?

21. 35cab

35cab

"Hey that even looks sorta Fordish. '36 headlights?"
    Yup 36 headlight rims and lenses on 35 buckets, lowered over the 35 headlight mounts.
    sm35.jpg

TagMan and RICH B like this.