Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need float and idle screw specs for Rochester 2 Jet 3x2 center carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Just Jones

Just Jones

Hey Guys -

I've done some searching on this but keep coming up with conflicting and vague info, so I'm going to try posting this question here as I know many of you run this set up:

I need float level and drop adjustment measurements for the center carb of my 2Jet 3x2 set up (GM factory tripower carbs, if that matters). I'm measuring from front of the float, at the center seam to the air horn, with the gasket in place. I was using something like 21/32 for level and 1 24/32 for drop, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Also, with the idle mixture screws, what is a good initial setting? 1.5 turns out? 2 turns out?

The engine is a 283 with mild cam, for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance: there is no replacement for the voice of experience in these matters.

2. ebfabman

ebfabman

Here you go.....

3. hudson48

hudson48

I purchased the full rebuild kit from Larry at Automotion including brass floats.Here are the specs for setting. Rochester Float levels0001.jpg

Part didn't come out here. Floats at Level 3/4 inch and drop 1 3/4 inch

4. Just Jones

Just Jones

IMG-20110827-00653.jpg Hey guys, thanks very much for the info!
    Really do appreciate it, and Im sure I won't be the only one who will find this valuable in the future.

Register now to get rid of these ads!