Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need disc brake rotor advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 71buickfreak, Oct 26, 2011.

1. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

OK, long story short, I need a disc brake rotor that will bolt on to an '802 Chevy C10 spindle (and work with the corresponding caliper) that has a 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern. The stock truck rotors are all 5 on 5, I am having a a hard time finding something that works. I don't want to have to have the rotors drilled for 5 on 4 3/4 if I can avoid it. I already have to buy new rotors, if I can get what I need out of the box, that will be a better option. I know its a little OT, but it is all going on a 50's Chevy truck. I need the use a particular set of wheels, hence the issue. Wheel adapters will not work, already tried that- too wide.

2. desotot

desotot

shoot, and I just went through a pile of work changing my 4 3/4 to 5 on 5.I asked a lot of people questions and tried different rotors but couldn't find any the same with a different pattern. Drilling isn't hard if you have a friend with a lathe with 4 chuck and a dial indicater to help scribe your circle, then divide with a caliper.I think this is your only hope.

3. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

Well, of all things, I managed to dig something up while I was sitting here tonight. I have looked and looked, but never saw this before. The 1991 Camaro 1LE option disc brake rotors match up to the 81-86 chevy truck spindles and calipers. Luckily, I have those on the truck, so I think i have found my solution. Thanks for the help!