Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need brake help..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desertratrodder, Oct 14, 2007.

1. I have this 55 Ford Customline that I bought for my wife to drive. It has had some upgrades done, which should make it safer/ more dependable for her to shuttle the kids around.

It has what I think is a Master Power Ford Granada front disc brake setup on the front. The rear is a 9 inch Ford with all new brakes, etc.
    The front setup is technically new as well.

The pedal has no travel at all. If you give it some leg, the car will stop. Nothing like a power disc car should. I adjusted the rear properly, and the fronts do engage enough to stop the tires from turning under force.

If the booster was bunk, the pedal should still have travel, no?
    Theres no change in engine speed, etc, that is usually associated with a bad/ leaky booster.

I changed the pushrod for the pedal from a short one, which had the pedal on the floor, to a longer one that made it high. No change, except pedal height.

I unhooked the master from the booster, and theres plenty of pedal.
    Obviously, theres no resistance. But that shows me nothing there is binding. There is a GM type proportioning valve, as well as a GM style dual master.

Its like the master wont move. If I open the lines, the pedal moves and the fluid flows. Calipers too.

So.. is it just a shit booster, or is there something I'm missing??

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

How much vacuum do you have?

What size booster (7", 8", 9" etc, dual or single diaphram)?

How do you have the rod from the booster to the master adjusted?

What size piston does the Master Cyliner have?

What pedal ratio are you running?

Where is the booster / master, on the firewall or under the floor?

No gurantees I can help, but that's what someone who can is going to need to know.