Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Need Bonneville photo Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quidnunc, Jun 2, 2014.

1. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

Putting this out to "Hamb Land" hoping someone has photos or mag articles on two old Bonneville streamliners. I'm looking for photos of the Harold Post streamliner from 1952 (it appeared on the cover of Hot Rod Sept.'52 which I have). The other car(s) originated as the Chet Herbert Beast 4/5. In 1958 it ran at Bonneville as the Hermann-Swain-Walker #333 car, with the cockpit at the rear of the car. It had dark sides and the upper body was painted a lighter color (yellow or white?). Then in 1959 Ermie Immerso surprises everyone when he shows up with the body (now with a shorter wheelbase) in bare metal. It's #333 with Kraft Auto on the side (color?) and the cockpit is in the middle of the car. He doesn't run in 1960 but shows the car in 1961 with Dean Van Lines markings on a white(?) car. I don't know if it ever ran like that. Anything you fellows have on these is greatly appreciated.

2. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Why don't you try on landracing.com

3. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

Thanks, I'll try them also.

4. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

Still looking for anything, c'mon guys somebody has to have something on the Post streamliner?