Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need an ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, Mar 16, 2011.

1. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

Need a little hel ID'ing this. I know someone that checked it out today. He said the Interior is in good shape except the seat covers. No rot in the floor at all and the odometer says just over 70k ( im sure its been rolled in its day) the doors dont hang up when opening and the trunk opens fine. Its got a Flathead v8 in it. What do you guys think.? what would be a reasonable offer if it is worth saving.
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. F&J

F&J

38 Standard. Ford Slantback.

3. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

worth anything

4. F&J

F&J

Your end of the world seems like much lower prices than here in the northeast. I guess you guys can still find no rot cars. We can't.

I'd say I would gladly give 2500 for it with the bent hood and grille, if there is no rot, or just a few tiny spots. I really like 38 Standards, but I don't know if you do.

5. Fenders

Fenders

30s Ford tudors are always worth saving.

6. F&J

F&J

I just expanded the pic and can't tell if it has a humped back...or if the pic just looks distorted. I don't even know what was available on the 38's for the back. I just assumed it was like the 36, available with a slant or a humback with a trunk.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it is as solid as it looks I'd think it would be worth 2000/2500 as it sits and might bring more than that but guys either love them or don't. I've always liked that body style myself and it is a bit different than than the Deluxe. If it has a clear title it might be worth a bit more though.

Google search link on 38 Ford Standard sedan.
    See for your self.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...Standard+sedan&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Funny, the first one on the list is a HAMB project.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  8. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

Im not big on the car but to me anything old has a certain degree of cool so to speak. I know that guy who has it doesnt realy have any interst in it and someone i know wants i hat to see i just sit there and go to waist.
    Pretty much zero rot. Thanks for the figure its nice to hear someone give a actual figure not just "what youre willing to pay" maybe we will end up with it.

What series V8 would be in it?

9. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

Yea it has a humped back

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'38 221 inch, 85 horse engine was 81A (24 stud engine)

Some very early '38 engines were the 21 stud, installed in cars built through December, '37

The 60 horse was also available in '38 Fords (17 stud)

Some more photos of '38 Ford Standard 2 dr sedans

http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/ford/ford38/f38ts.html