Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need advise on Lincoln V-12 heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Retro Jim, May 1, 2009.

1. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have a chance to get a 1940-1948 Lincoln V-12 set of heads that are cast iron . The guy tells me that they are perfect and ready to use . Are they worth getting for $50 for the pair . They are complete and were redone years ago and have been safely stored . The guys father had the V12 Lincoln and the heads were a spare .
    Hope someone can tell me if they are worth the money . Thanks.

2. RichG

RichG

They're worth more than $50, I guarantee that:D

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I figured they were but wasn't sure if I could unload them .

4. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I've always wanted one of those V12s, and someday I'll have one. Those heads for $50 would be woth having 'just in case' as they'd always be there if'n you needed'em.

5. studhud

studhud

They are worth $50 if you have a twelve otherwise they are not worth shit.
    Dave:eek:

6. BigChief

BigChief

Uhh. If they're as good as you describe I'll double your money and pick them up at the Showdown.

7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

yes $50 is good,They don't go for alot really the factory aluminum heads are harder to get

Attached Files:

8. RichG

RichG

Thank you Captain Obvious, once again you've managed to save us from what was right in front of our faces!!!!:D

9. BigChief

BigChief

I've got one aluminum head.....wouldn't mind finding a mate to it.

10. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

Ha ha I bought one for almost that much just to hang on my wall! I thought the Zephyr logo and 6 plug holes were just too cool to walk by...

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I am suppose to pic up Monday . Maybe I will bring them to the Showdown with me . I am getting them to unload .

12. studhud

studhud

Hey did the guy say he had a v 12 and needs em? I didnt see it in his post. Steal v 12 heads arent worth whole lot so if he needs em for a motor they are worth it, if he thinks he's going to flip them for more money I doubt it. Thanks for the Attitude there key board tuff guy!
    Dave

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Easy there big dog! Some people see Lincoln heads as a rarity and if $50.00 bucks is the deciding factor get as many as can. Studhud has a valid point though. If the buyers not using them on a motor or for wall art they are pretty much useless.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  14. RichG

RichG

I just thought it was a little sanctimonious to state the obvious. If it upset you, then I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be a "keyboard tuff guy", I was trying to be a little bit funny, whatever friend:D

I happen to know a fellow that would love to have them, would gladly trade them for way more than their value in old T parts he considers pretty much worthless!