Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need advice thinking of trading...help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sodapop, Apr 15, 2005.

1. sodapop

sodapop
    from Tejas

I happen to be driving down the road to day w, when I saw I shop called Southwest Choppers.At first I thought it was another OCC until I saw a big Triumph banner in the window, so I parked my 54 and walked in. The guy that owns it was great he builds only bobbers and choppers.

He started showing me around the shop and talking to me about his next project, a 67 bobber built from the ground up 6" stretch blah, blah blah. At this point I was hooked but knew I couldnt afford it.

I felt obligated to ask how much, since he spent so much time w/ me. Then he gave me the heart breaking news of 5 to 7 grand. Which really isnt that much considering how much work he puts in the bike but out of my range none the less.

Her's the fun part he walks me put to my car, when he takes a look at my car he offers a trade, pink for pink. Now my car is far from done but Im proud of it none the less, at first I take it as one hell of compliment but then he let me know that I can direct him on the build start to finsh , Now I know he's serious.
    My question is what would you guys do. I will try to include a pic of my car (which like I said isnt finished so please dont slam it) and a pic of one of his past builds. Thanks for any input...Dave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jabber

jabber

I think you can peice one together a hell of a lot cheaper than that. I have almost every part for mine and I'm in it around 1500. I saw a trump on ebay that was nice as hell go for 2700 a while back. I think you could build one, piece by piece and have both. That's what I'm doing.

John

3. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Do yo want a bike or do you want a car? I think your car is pretty nice looking!

Since coming to this place, I, for some strange reason, have started to like those bobbers and choppers. Ha! I don't even know the difference but I'm starting to get some ideas for the after the project, project....

keep your car!

4. sodapop

sodapop
    from Tejas

To tell you the truth Im not sure what I want. But Ive only been sitting on this for about 2 hours, Im sure it will come to me, I just might need a push either way. The selling point for the bike is , I dont have near that much in my car, it would be a trade up. But then again, then again, but then again...Thanks for the input so far...Dave

5. KoppaK

KoppaK

Keepthe car and for chrisakes chop the damn thing so it'll fit in the garage.

6. Well, if you ask me, that bike is not worth anywhere near 5 to 7 grand. maybe 3 to 4 on a good day....

Although if the motor is built and built right, it could bump it a g or so....

I have about 1200 in my trump (500 more will see it finished), and 3k in my BSA...built motor and everything....

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

Don't ya know...bikes are dangerous....invest in some sawzall blades instead

8. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Personally I'd keep the car.

9. I agree. I'd keep the car and piece a bike together in the mean time and have the best of both worlds :)

But if you only have a choice between the 2, I would keep the car IMO of course.

10. palepainter

palepainter

Keep the car! Better deals are out there. Keep your eyes out for a titled basket case. Your car deserves more.
    Mike