Register now to get rid of these ads!

need a shop recommendation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrstockwagon, Jan 5, 2013.

1. jrstockwagon

jrstockwagon

Hi guys. I dont post on here much, just kind of lurk around and try to learn things. Well here is my situation. my fiance has a 59 metropolitan. We have been enjoying it in its stock form for the last few years. The only problem is, the car needs the whole front end rebuilt, and a new rear axle housing due to a previous owners micky mouse repair. So we have been thinking of going another route with her car. Even if we restored it to stock, it would still only go 55 mph, handle like garbage, and take forever to stop. It's pretty dangerous to drive around here. we usually take it out early on the weekend. One day i joked that we should have a new chassis built for it with a mustang II front end and a fourlink, and to my suprise, she approved. Now i dont want to go crazy with it, but i would like to make it, so we can just jump in and cruise it 6 hours to L.A. if we want. So my question is, are there any shops that you guys would recommend in the S.F. Bay area. Thank you for your time. Here is a pic of the car now.

Attached Files:

2. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Brizo, if you can get him to do it.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I work for Skoty Chops Kustoms, in Redwood City. We could certainly do it, if the boss approves.

4. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Art Morrison (WA) already has plans and a frame kit for it.