Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need a reabuild kit for this carb...HELP!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cfnutcase, Jan 9, 2014.

1. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I am needing a rebuild kit for this carb, however I have no idea what it is...Here is the story, a buddy of mine has a 55 chev with a small block in it, built stout with a 4-speed behind it, that his dad built in the 70's and street raced it, now for whatever reason this car runs the stongest with this 2bbl on a 2bbl to 4bbl adapter instead of any 4bbl carb we can find but this car leaks a bit, so it needs rebuilt, however I cannot find any kit for it at the parts store and they cant find out what it is, so can anyone here tell me what this carb is, or tell me where I can get a kit for it. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

Have the guys at the parts store cracked open the paper catalogs to look for the rebuild kit? Those catalogs have full illustrations of all the carburetors the brand services. Furthermore, that looks like a Rochester but, I could be wrong.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

Yeah, the RP is the Rochester Products logo

Jack E/NJ

4. Contact Mike at Mikes carburetor parts.com. He's been a lot of help to me on my Motorcraft 2bbl.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Had one of those on my '58 Chevrolet, no tag so I took it to the local Advance Auto and matched it as a Rochester (as previously listed). I don't have the rebuild kit box or that engine any longer but Advance found the rebuild kit in about 5 minutes from the shelf.

6. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

Seems like a Rochester 2GC variant and a rebuild kit for 60's era chevy 2bbl rochesters may have what u need.

7. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Thanks for the help everyone, I will see what I can find out! Jim

8. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Chevy throttle arm for sure ,looks like a divorced style choke setup. Try 68-72 350 car for a app.

9. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Agreed that it's a mid 60's to early 70's Chevy. Most of those kits seem to be relatively generic anyway.

10. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

That is what's called a "large bore Rochester 2 Jet". The large ones were common in the 70's after 350's were used so much. You could try having them look up like a 1972 Chevy Nova 350 2bbl and see what that yields.

11. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

12. carbking

carbking

It appears the identification number is in the 4th picture, but the picture is too fuzzy to read.

Rochester 2-Jet carbs 1968 and newer have the identification number stamped horizontally on the side of the bowl on the side of the carb opposite the throttle arm.

Should be a 7 digit number (1968~1975) or 8 digit number if newer.

If no number, then 1967 or earlier.

Jon.

13. ottoman

ottoman
    from Wisconsin

Anyone else find it strange that a "stout built" small block chev runs strongest with a 2 barrel carb?