Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a huge favor from someone near Carroll, Iowa...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eberhama, Dec 2, 2010.

1. eberhama

eberhama

I'm in desperate need of a part at a yard there, and they won't ship it. Its for an off topic vehicle, but it would help me out enormously. I just need someone to pick up the part, throw it in a heavy duty box and ship it to me. I will of course pay for the part, the shipping and your time. Hit me up with a PM if you can help. Thanks, Matt

2. prich

prich
    from iowa

well, id be willing to do this, but need more details... and whats in it for me...? let me know asap

3. HotRod33

HotRod33

Nice intro.... what's in it for me.......

4. That's the HAMB spirit! :rolleyes:

It would suprise me if you even hear from eberhama. Nitwit! :(

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Worthless.......don't post here anymore, you don't get it and probably never will.

6. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Agreed.

RIP ED

7. rusty28a

rusty28a

I guess no introduction is necessary for you.

Attached Files:

8. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

No. No. No. guys...it's that time of the year for Good Will and Cheer.

Give the guy a SMALL lump of coal for his troubles. Maybe a snow shovel with a broken handle, to help him out a little for his generous helping another H.A.M.B'er.:D

HellRaiser

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

it's not exactlly close for me but if no one else steps up let me know !

10. eberhama

eberhama

Thanks for the offer dirtbag, but thats a pretty good haul for you. If your going that way any way that would be great, but otherwise I'll try to figure out another way. I'm going to try and give the owner a sob story, and get him to ship it, but it would be nice to have another option.

11. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

is that the guy in Carroll with the other yard in Glidden?

12. eberhama

eberhama

Could be, its looks like its 9 miles from glidden.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

What's in it for me ? What a jerk :p

14. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody notice that he can't even spell his own name?:D

15. Abomb

Abomb

Well, the h is only 2 spots away from the k on the keyboard....It may have been a typo, no sense in faulting his intelligence....:D

16. 6inarow

6inarow

If you can get it anywhere near Sioux Falls, I can get it from there to Hankinson. No charge even!!!!

17. My guess is that PRICH (sp?) thinks Carroll is a chick who lives in Iowa and he's hoping for some "action" in exchange for a helping out. Could be wrong though.

18. sololobo

sololobo

Now thats called--not beating around the bush--. Hellraiser is right, a lump of coal for this dude, a small one! I hope someone can respond for you eberhama. ~sololobo~

19. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

when i was in Glidden 3 or 4 years ago he had a lot of Buick there on a old farmstead, can't remember his name off hand

20. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

If You don`t have any luck in the next few days. PM me. I`m a hundred miles to the south. A locoal here has a delivery route up there. Delivers welding supplies. I can ask him if you get no answer. Did some oddball work for him in the past. His brother is my backdoor neighbor. It better not be a part for your Honda. Hows that for the HAMB spirit.

21. joel torres

joel torres

whats is the part and from what car with the post office flat rate box ( one price any weight) anyone can send you a part so maybe someone can snag a part and send it on its way

22. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let me know if dirtbag13 ends up going to Carroll for you. I can drive up to his place and go over to Carroll with him. I don't get over to Brock's near enough and can use the excuse to visit hs shop.

23. eberhama

eberhama

Still haven't got anything lined up, the boss there was gone until monday. Its a chevy truck transfer case. it magnesium, so its not super heavy, but its still 75-80 pounds I suppose.

24. LowFat48

LowFat48

if you can get the guy to put it in a box , you can arrange for UPS or Fedex to pick it up.

25. rustymetal

rustymetal

i would give you 32 steel 3 window would that be ok or do you want more ?

26. eberhama

eberhama

$100 reward to whoever can pick it up and get it in a box up to NoDak! I'll even settle for prich! The yard is adament about not shipping it. I can donate it to Ryan on your behalf(if you feel bad about taking my money)or paypal it to you for extra christmas $$. Would really like to be able to drive my truck!

27. Big Dad

Big Dad

I have a friend in Carroll, he runs / owns the Napa store ..
    Larry Demers , he is about as nice of a person that the lord has placed on this earth

He drag races , builds hi-perf engine, tractor pullers, etc
    Now, saying that I'm not sure if he has the time or maybe he has a parts runner that could / would do it

But, knowing Larry , he would do anything to help someone out

Try him, he works in the machine shop all day so you will have to see if you can get him on the phone

NAPA Auto Parts

[​IMG][​IMG]
    <!-- -->
    1401 Radiant Rd
    Carroll, IA 51401 (712) 792-4381

28. If nothing else pans out so far contact me. I have a salesman that goes to Carroll every Wednesday and a route truck that goes there every Friday. With those 2 it shouldn't be a problem to pick it up. After that we could get it shipped to you.
    prich - What a douch!!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  29. eberhama

eberhama

If I could get a relay to souix falls or the cities would be great.

Oliver Bros.- Might have to take you up on that. I'll call them tomorrow, and make sure its ok to pay for it over the phone, and have someone else pick it up. They seem pretty convinced that I'm going to buy this and stick it right in my truck, and then bitch because it doesn't work, so I want to make sure everything is a go, before I tie any one up.

30. Just let me know! I can even get it to Sioux City, Iowa if that will help ya. We go there almost everyday.

Have you checked on another website called www.car-parts.com it is a very good site for looking up almost any parts. Check it out before commiting to buying from them.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010