Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need A Brake Pedal For Your Project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClayMart, Jan 28, 2016.

1. I've seen some aftermarket brake pedal assemblies offered online and some of them seem a bit spendy.

I ordered this pedal for a customer at work for a late model GM full size van. They're not always sold as a complete assembly like this and the price seemed surprisingly tolerable. Looked like a part that might be useful for somebody's project car or truck. It includes the pedal, pad, bracket, pin and bushing as highlighted in the picture.

GM part #25775282.

And best of all it lists for under $50 and can be ordered from any GM dealer. I don't have any specs or dimensions but just look under the dash of any '03 or newer full size GM van to get an idea of the layout.

PedalAsm01.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    scrap metal 48 and wraymen like this.
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Nice! Thanks.......

Ray

3. Cool if space allows that should be an easy fit under the dash of about any of our hoopties. :cool:

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Cool beans. And even better if items 6-9 are for a brake light switch!!! Anyone know? Gary

PS and perhaps a cruise control, too.

5. i bet way better quality than the piece of junk i bought from speedway which i spent a bunch of time making stronger.
    thanks for posting.

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Sure looks like it, Ford had/has similar arrangement..

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  7. Yeah... It looked like it could be pretty adaptable if you had a large enough flat area on the firewall. Especially if you had a place to mount a bolt thru the top part of the bracket.

The bracket is a pretty heavy gauge stamping and plenty stout. Wish I'd snapped a picture of it but my customer was "on a mission" when he picked it up.

Oh... And it should only take a day or two to get from most GM dealers with no additional shipping or handling charges. ;)

8. stimpy

stimpy

man that looks nice, but the fixed pin won't work for me as I need a manual 6:1 ratio . and my neighbor is going to think I am nuts when I ask him to look at his van pedal box , bad enough I had the rear brake assy apart to get measurements put disc brakes on my O/T truck ..

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

And I also forgot to ask, what's the part number that has the clutch pedal built-in right along side this one!!!! Gary

10. In a perfect world, maybe. :( But I don't think GM ever put a manual trans in these chassis. :oops: I'll root around in the catalogs a bit more if I get a chance though... :rolleyes:

11. If you need a brake lamp switch for this setup you might try these numbers for an '03 to '07 van.

#8 switch GM #15128874 $42
    #9 pigtail connector GM #12102763 $37
    #7 switch retainer GM #15048329 $9

:p LOL! All this stuff adds up to more than the pedal assembly.

The switch has 6 terminals which are probably for other circuits like ABS and cruise control.