Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need 56 Buick Special Master cylinder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuceswild557, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Deuceswild557

Deuceswild557

Hello HAMBers
    I am looking for a complete 56 buick Special Master cylinder. The condition is not of too much importance. Old, working, slightly working, not working, rebuilt. If Anybody has one lying around, or can point me to one would be great.
    Theres one on ebay but Im looking for something cheaper than 120$, Especially if the condition is "unknown".
    Thanks

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I still have the one out of my '55 Special and I'll check my parts manual to see if it's the same as the '56. If it is, it's yours for the postage. I'll take a look for it tomorrow.

3. I hate to say it, but 56 is a one year only. The whole thing comes out of the firewall at an angle, and the pot levels itself out. I'm pretty sure i have one, but it's back in IL. If you can wait till around April 17th, i'll be back and can check the pile. If you can't wait, i can see about getting my pops to look for it. Let me know.

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right you are! I stand corrected. According to my parts book, '56 is indeed a one-year unit.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

5. No worries, TagMan. I'm stand corrected all the time. haha, especially when it comes to stuff with my ol' lady

Yeah, i spent a CRAP load of time trying to find a bolt on unit or someting to upgrade it to a dual master, but no one had anything. they had up to 55, then 57 and over, but no 56. evry old-timer i talked to told me the same thing. I ended up putting a remote fill on it

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011