Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need '37 La Salle trans parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dcroadsters, Apr 26, 2012.

1. dcroadsters

dcroadsters
    from USA

I know i am asking for alot here but i am in need of a syncronizer assembly for a 37 trans, my trans will not shift into 3rd grear and i believe that is the problem after inspecting it, any help would be greatly appreciated !!

2. F&J

F&J

I don't have one but some guys here could help diagnose the problem, if you have it apart and can do clear pics of the pieces.

It could be what you say, but you never know.

A bad syncro should not prevent the trans from going into 3rd...At least not that I've ever seen. Can you describe what it does? or what it acts like when you move it towards 3rd?

3. dcroadsters

dcroadsters
    from USA

it will go into 3rd if you com to a complete stop and put it in gear, put it was not fluid like going from reverse to first, or first to second, it didnt feel smooth in other words

4. What is the history on this tranny. Have you had it apart? Looked at the synchro? There is a fellow in Bakerfield, CA setting on a bunch of trannies. Bell Auto. Had a Ebay add for the whole bunch. Might have some spare parts. There is also a member here up in Oregon or Washington I believe that has some spare parts but I have not heard from him in a while. He may chime in if he sees this. Paul may know him. I have a spare synchro but I cannot say it is from a 37. I can compare it to my 37 that I have apart just for kicks. I am in the middle of building two trannies so at this time I would not want to let it go.

5. F&J

F&J

If you can double clutch it to get it to shift into 3rd while moving, then yes on it being a syncro issue.

This is one time where the bottom load Cad/LaS sucks. If it was a top load, you could take a peek.

I have no idea where to find a syncro for those. Maybe someone here will let you know if maybe the rings are being reproduced to fix the syncro ass'y.

If there are no repros, I'd be looking for a cheap sideshift Cad/Las to use for parts. They don't seem to sell well in my area, so the prices are not too bad in the past few years.