Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need 29 RPU inside cab rear panel shots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

My nephew is working on a 29 RPU. he's replaced the 1/4's, the rear panel,all of the sub rails and cross channels with all new stuff.

He's never done this before so here is what he thinks has happened. It seems the the rear panel has a twist in it.

When attempting to test fit the rear panel, it seems as though the rear panel is too low, Could it be not sheared right from the mfg.the rear 1/4's seem to sag,but I just don't know these as stockers well enough.

If someone has some cab inner pix, that could help.

Thx,
    CK

2. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Hey Kev, Can you guys post some pics of what he has already? I am in need of all interior pics as well as I am wanting to redo my cab.

3. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Kevin, go talk to Carl Johanson. I think Gene Reinhardt has a stocker right there in Temple City and joe can hook you up. Wayno

4. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I thought this may help a little Kevin.

Attached Files:

5. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Wow, I have been trying to get someone to send me interior pics for my 29 RPU body which I am putting together from a pile of Henry parts and Brookville parts. People said oh it's simple, no problem! Not entirely true! I need some shots from up above taken down onto the floor areas, in particular the junction at cowl post, floor. How do the cowl posts braces fasten to sub rails? How do the sub rails terminate at the rear? How do the Brookville quarters fasten to subrail? I want to make sure this all goes together and doesn't end up looking goofy.
    Cyclone Kevin if you send me a PM with your email I do have some good pictures a guy from Fordbarn sent me, I will email them to you.
    Any help out here guys??

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I know this is an improved A in the photo, but does this help?

Attached Files:

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thx Paul, Elmo,Mark and Sumfuncomet.
    I have been working on this for Cyclone Ian=(nephew), Looked at whatever pix I could find online. I enlarged them to 400% to see just where exactly the rear panel lives. It was so freakin humid/hot today, I watched my sweat drip onto that clean new metal=eek!

I rechecked all of the measurements and would not drill untill I was absolutely sure that was where all of the mounting points were. Now looking at the pix online, I had noticed that these cabs have wood in the 1/4's as well.

Wayne, I'll try to get over to Carl's tomorrow some time, Have fun @ Bonneville!
    Mark, Thx for your input.
    Paul, If I get a chance, I'll take some pix.
    SFC, PM sent.

Thx again guys.
    CK

8. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

I got a 29 roadster pickup,just let me know if you need any pics of the body.
    Just explain it really good,my english sucks ha ha.

This might help?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thank you John,
    A picture is worth a thousand words. This helps alot.

10. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Here are a couple more if it will help you and others.
    Not mine, but pic's I have collected for the same reason as your post.

Attached Files:

11. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

If you need any more pix just say so ;)

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanx John,
    This really helped. My nephew is well on his way to getting his RPU on the road! Thank you again.