Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Necessity really is the Mother of Invention

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner

My backup light bracket is a chromed metal piece from a bathroom towel holder ...

backuplight.jpg

2. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

Gotta bump this thread. What great ideas!

3. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

When the priming tool isn't handy I do the same thing only I use a large cotter pin.
    140809_001.jpg

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

If worried about light transmission...buy a military 90 degree flashlight and look inside the base!
    In recent decades (I think since 1944, actually) they came with a stack of light filters hidden in there. Always a red one, USA spec to protect night vision, more recently also a blue (for use in Europe where blue is the bundeswehr night vision color), since about the first Gulf war a nice green that helps with night vision goggles, a white one that is made to block most light (stack that under the one you use for high beams if too bright) and also an odd lensatic one that might do interesting things under a color...never tested that one! And you still have a nice flashlight...

5. Slopok

Slopok

Those little plastic tabs that are on bread, hot dog and hamburger bun packages make excellent spark plug wire numbering labels if you write the numbers on them with a Sharpie. Sorry no picture but you all have seen them.

deadbeat likes this.