Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nebraska/Iowa, etc. HAMB "mini" swap meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Jul 10, 2006.

1. stan292

stan292

Gang -

The little village where I live (Firth, NE) is having a "show and shine" style event on the 5th of August. Last year there were maybe 50 entries - but should be more this year, as the promoter is going all-out with advertising and prizes this time to boost attendance. There should be a little bit of everything from rods and customs to shined-up showroom stockers.

Anyway, I wondered if any of you area HAMBERS (Firth is about 20 miles straight South of Lincoln) would be interested in a social get-together and "exclusive" swap meet at the same time (a much better deal than having to wander through miles of the usual swap meet garbage, Chinese junk, and "bling" items)?

Just throw some of your cool (traditional, please!) junk in your rod and bring it along to sell or trade. I have yard space that's just a close walk away from the main activity - and will pop for brats and beer.

Wives, girlfriends, and kids are welcome. My place is right across from the town park, so there's lots of stuff to keep the kiddies occupied. There will also be a flea market, raffles, vendor displays, a DJ, etc., etc. so the ladies won't have to get too bored with the car talk.

If you're interested in actually entering your ride in the "official" show, PM me and I'll get you info ($8, in advance $10 day-of-show), otherwise you can just show up, hang out, shoot the shit, check out the "auto show", have a few cold ones, eat for free, and maybe buy, sell, or trade some cool stuff with other HAMBers.

Bottom line - its just an opportunity to get together and meet/hang out with some of the local HAMB crazies and maybe score (or get rid of) a few nifty items.

We don't need a huge turnout, but I'd like to see at least 10 or 12 "swappers" to make that part of it worthwhile. If it goes good, we could make it an annual deal.

Anyone interested?

2. Tim

Tim
    from Raytown Mo

sounds good to me :)

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

I am interested, but I don't really have anything to sell.

4. stan292

stan292

Nosurf -

No sweat - just come up and hang out. The "mini-swap" is just icing on the cake. We can still get together. There will be plenty else to do.

5. Tim

Tim
    from Raytown Mo

yeah i hear the street in front of stans house needs repaving but the city cant afford it. we should all show up and just donate some hp and rubber and give his street a nice new black sheen ;) hehe so if you havnt got anything to swap youll still be able to donate something ;)

6. stan292

stan292

BTTT -

Anyone else?

Let me repeat - "FREE FOOD AND BEER!"

7. Tim

Tim
    from Raytown Mo

to the top, ill try to talk to some ppl when they come to town for americruise stan

tim

8. 41 C28

41 C28

Stan, I sure would like to make it and sell some junk (its only junk till you sell it) but I've already made my trip to Nebraska for this year. I think.

9. gasman

gasman
    from Nebraska

If my budget can take it I MIGHT be there pm me your address and what time the festivities are to begin.