Register now to get rid of these ads!

Neatest old car you got for FREE?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldebob, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

'34 3w body and frame...1967

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

damn near free ($15)...

[​IMG]

3. Luna

Luna
    from Canada

My grandfather recenlty gave my a 27 model T. it's got no motor or tranny and the fenders are pretty rough and its got no hood.but the cab is solid minus the original wood.

4. NostalgiaT

NostalgiaT

free I got a old 65 impala wagon for free with a 396 from a buddy that bought a new nissan truck made a good motor for my camaro I had at the time.

5. Gigantor

Gigantor

My 1st car given to me. It was a non-running 69 Pontiac Executive with a 400. My highschool girlfriends's parents gave it to me for Christmas (I'd been making mooneyes at the car for two years ... guess it paid off) and that afternoon her stepfather taught me how to replace the timing chain. Fired right up. What a great car.
    More recently, some racing buddies gave me a VERY rough 39 Buick Sport Coupe to make into my first "Vintage" stock car.
    Nobody has been dropping any A's into my lap like some of you other lucky bastahds though.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just remembered a customer gave me a Mercedes about 15 years ago. Sold it for $500. to a guy who tried the get the turd running, gave up and scraped it.

7. slicknapier

slicknapier
    from Tucson, AZ

In about 1993 I got my first car, a 64 Dodge Polara for free. Complete car with the pushbutton trans and a 383. Last year picked up a 66 VW fastback for free.

8. 31 4dr sedan with no rust

9. Spud

Spud
    from Ohio

Got a 60 Chevy 1/2 ton truck from my dad, and my uncle gave me a 69 corvair convertible.

10. choke

choke

Back in the early 70's a guy gave me a 34 5 window Ford coupe body and frame. Only thing wrong with the body was it had rust just under the back of the decklid!!!

11. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Got a 55 olds more door hard top for free.... later found out when I tried to register it with no title it was stolen:eek: its was crushed!!!!

12. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

i got a 71 mach 1 mustang with a 351 Cleveland for free. it was a basket case and i sold it.

i guess you can consider my girlfriend buying my comet for me for christmas me getting it for free also.

13. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

When I was a kid, my buddy gave me a 61 Chevy Belaire ragtop. He had taken the small block and trans for his '63 Pontiac (Canadian Pontiacs ran Chevy engines) My old man found a buddy of his that wanted to get rid of a 60 Pontiac 4 door with a 283 Powerglide so I grabbed it for free and put the ragtop back together and put it up for sale. First guy that came to see it wanted just the motor and tore it back apart! I couldn't believe it.That gorgeius 5 year old Chevy Rag went for scrap. I made I think about $70.00 - quite a bit of bread back in 66/67 but it was a shame.

14. norms30a

norms30a

51 Pontiac 2 door hardtop.This farmer was going to retire and move to town and sell his acreage. So I asked him about the old Pontiac and he said "the scrap guy is coming next week to clean my grove so the place looks nice to sell, but if you can get it out of here before he comes it's yours". So I went and got it, still have it.

15. Skrayp

Skrayp

My step-sister gave me her 81 Chevy Citation with guard rail rash and no reverse.....is that cool?

16. moparron426

moparron426

I got this COE project for free last year :cool::D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

I was able to get 2 32 chevy pickups and a 32 chevy 2 door sedan for free. I was in the right place at the right time

18. purple

purple

We got 2 58 Edstels recently, had 2 posts going for them. Also in 07 got my 21 Dodge 3 window body and lots of parts. When I was a teen I had been offered a 64 Lincoln, but left it in the field and a hugh wildfire took it out. The only reason thier house survived is the above ground pool broke and saoked the hillside. Was also given 2 Pintos as a teen, and left them in that field. A few years ago when I needed the front end for my Datsun ran into the guy and they were still there so I got them. Had a 66 Datsun 520 pickup that ran when parked, but sold it. Got a 78 Mercedes 420SEL from a friend, but had to pass on her 72 Volvo because she lived 3 hours away and I couldn't afford the gas. It cost me $15 to fix. My dad had given me a 79 Saab a couple of years ago, no top gear but was fine to drive to work. Lost both of those to idiots, neither exist now. I've had a few 60s and 70s motorcycles given to me too. I've had lots of parts given to me too.

19. my avitar, a 54' chevy COE 5700 free off craigslist. it drove on and off the trailer and it even has a title in my name!

20. ratster

ratster

cool score!!!!!

but man you garage is a mess ;)

21. oz40

oz40

I got two.
    The first was after meeting a lady at a night club in Adelaide, I had a great evening with her and the next morning she said she had a present for me.
    Outside in the drive way was a FJ Holden, just slipped a battery into the car and drove into the sunset.
    The other was a rumoured car that was supposedily known to exist In Narranderra, home of the first Aussie hotrod nationals.
    Anyway my friend told me about a guy that wanted some early 34 chev guards that I had sitting around, and he said he would give me this car if he could have the junk parts in exchange.
    Well I pinched myself a few times over and asked the proverbial question, what kind of fool would want to give this car away for some early chev scrap I had.
    I thought it was a set up and an April fools joke being played on me, so I went along with it.
    But come Sunday evening when the rest of the hotrod guys were at my place, you would not beleive it, delivered to my front door.
    Yes the proverbial car.
    A 1933 ford roadster, 100% original and all complete.

22. Last Year I was given a 70 Torino............... Sold that bitch for $700 within two weeks.

23. zzford

zzford

I got this dandy for free. I'm gonna fix it up and use it for a daily driver.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

24. Back in 58 I traded a 50 Merc. mordoor for a full house flathead. When I picked up the flathead I seen a 34 Ford cp. body sitting back of the yard. It had no rust solid floor no hood ,or fenders. So I said what you going to do with that body , the owner said you take it along it's free. I had no place at my parents home to store it so my friend who lived down the road from where the cp. was said I good put it in shed out back. I agreed and put it in shed. After about 6 months past I had room for it at home so I go to shed to load it up, but no 34 to be found. So my friend asks his dad, what happened to the car in shed? He said I cleaned the shed out and had a guy take that piece of junk to the dump! What could I say we were all scared of his dad. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

25. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

You're talking my neighborhood! Shit ain't free these days. Thanks Barret Jack-Offson!

26. Last summer's freebie. Borderline HAMB friendly :eek: Hope to maybe drive it to MoKan this summer;)

[​IMG]

27. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I helped a friend move a 64 scout a few times when he would move. One day he called me up and asked me to move it again. When I asked where he said "to your place... Im done with it"
    Got a 69 VW fastback that had FI free.
    I got a 64-65 T-bird free but didn't have a place for it so my Gramps took it. Guy wanted the eng out of it for his truck and had no use for the car. My gramps held on to it for a few years and gave it to a guy at work for a parts car.

28. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

The very rust free 57 Anglia was mine as long as I gave the motor and trans back.The model A Had an extra frame with a front axel,that was just get out of the owners hard.

Attached Files:

29. Spot_remover

Spot_remover

my buddy got a 68 mustang for free.

30. rainh8r

rainh8r

My 27 roadster body was hoisted out of a gully in central Washington for free, as well as a pair of perfect 34 Ford 2 door sedan doors. We also came home with a free 34 4 door body.