Register now to get rid of these ads!

Neat video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 270283, Sep 28, 2006.

1. 270283

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

how about you take a few seconds to tell us what we're clicking on? some of us kinda like a little more to go on than "neat video".

3. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

Its a 50's clip from Hot Rod...

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

"Ingenuity In Action."
    It was posted about a month ago, but the title of the post gave you no clue what it was about. The film is called "Ingenuity in Action" and that's what the title of the post was, too.
    It's a documentary following a group of guys from California to the 1959 Nationals in Detroit. It's an AWESOME movie--I watched it with my son. Talked to my uncle later, and it turns out he was there racing!

Great movie, and if anyone wants to get a bug up their ass about how this was already posted, I'd suggest letting it stay, because "Neat Movie" is better than just posting "Ingenuity In Action"; at least it lets people know there's a neat movie involved!

(Although I do wonder why two people would post on the same bitchin' movie, and not make the title of the post a little more descriptive...like, oh, I dunno...howz about "Vintage film of 1959 Nationals" ?!)

-Brad

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

thank you brad. it's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people post links/movies etc. saying you HAVE to check this out, and give you no freakin clue what it is you are supposed to be checking out. if it's worth 30 minutes of my time, it should be worth a few seconds of the original posters time to at least give me an idea what it is.

6. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

whats the deal with the blower mounted infront of the motor and piped to the front of the intake?

7. Mutt

Mutt

Actually, Brad, "Ingenuity In Action" was the NHRA slogan back when drag racing was in it's infancy. Those of us that were there know full well what it's about. That being said, I agree that it wouldn't hurt to be more descriptive on ALL post titles. I've given up on anyone using the search before posting....:D

Mutt

8. Mutt

Mutt

It's a Potvin drive system...

Do a search for Potvin Blower drive and there's a lot of threads with info.

Mutt

9. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Really? Now THAT'S good trivia! I didn't know that, and thought they stretched a bit on the documentary title. Makes a whole lot more sense now!
    -Brad

10. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

11. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

thats all cool and all.. but did anyone press the fart button???

12. Most likely a "Potvin" setup.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

very cool.. got it on DVD, seen it here before and will look at it agian when someone else posts it.

you ever notice there were no fat people in 1959?