Register now to get rid of these ads!

Neat Original Photo of an Airborn 1957 Ford at the Ford Test Track

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Head, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Wonder how many they wrecked filming that!

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

That's the Ford DPG 17/30 percent grade hill,... Dad was a Test Driver from 1939 to 41,.. until he went into the Army,...and again from 1947 to 1978 when he finally retired,..

They used to have Ford Family days every year. When they pulled out all the stops, I think it was in July. We would go there and they had a carnival atmosphere across the street at the R&D and Design buildings,.. They had rides, custom cars, concept cars, free soda pop, popcorn, doughnuts, Huge model train layouts, cowboy shows, Civil War reenactment camps, famous race cars,.. you name it, there was something for everybody,.....

I actually was in Al Esper's home, back when he was just "Dad's ol' Pal Mr. Esper",... But the best part was when Dad would take us across the street to the test track, and take us for a ride around the track in a brand new Ford,... All the test & development cars were put away or covered,.. these would be current production cars.

Dad would also take us to the car shows at the Rotunda,... and a special Christmas Wonderland for the family's of Ford employees there as well,... Broke my heart when it burned down,... I have some pictures around here somewhere, if I ever find them I'll share them.

Thanks for letting me remissness,......

Found this picture,.. it wasn't Christmas Wonderland,.. It was "Santa's Wonderland" (1961)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Same hill different side,....
    [​IMG]