Register now to get rid of these ads!

Neat old clipboard and vintage tin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MyOldBuick, Nov 28, 2006.

1. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Dodge Job Rated Trucks clipboard from my grandfather's first job . . . neat old bit of history that my uncle was showing me this past turkey day.

The other shot is a 1936 Chevy Master that my uncle has behind the shop . . . neat old project in waiting.

Attached Files:

2. raven

raven

I dig the phone number listed on the clipboard.
    r

3. Abomination

Abomination

Nice!

WE1 7100. :)

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

job rated trucks! they ought to bring that slogan back.

5. It is a cool slogan, but since only about 5.65% of new truck sold are ever used as trucks, I think that would only confuse Mr & Mrs Average American.:(

6. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Gotta agree on that one . . . my father-in-law just plunked down around $16K for a stripper Chevy WT (work truck) . . . didn't even know you could get a truck with crank windows and vinyl floor anymore. He was a big Dodge guy, but that siren-song 100K mile warranty did him in . . . it did it for me too, bought a new Chevy Cobalt for the wife to drive. Less time wrenching on the daily driver means more time for my play toys. :)

7. pool

pool

I'm from jeff and take lots of pic's of our old service stations, garages and painted building ads. I looked up the address and as it turns out it is on the sight of the local library. I seem to remember my pops saying it was an old sinclair station before that so, it's been thru a couple buildings. I thought it might be the building on the other end (a cool old drive under standard mobil station) used by a local moving/storage company. Thanks, for the history lesson I'll see if anyone might have any pic's of the old place. Jeff Claypool

8. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

That would be very cool if you could find an old picture of that place . . . it would be a killer gift idea for my uncle and dad for Christmas. I need to bug my grandmother to see if I can get some pics of grandpa from back in the day at a service station or something and see if I can be creative with a photo or two. I've got one photo of him working on the front end of my uncle's 1939 Dodge sedan, showing him how the front end came off with x number of bolts and that. Here's a pic of that old car in front of my uncle's shop now . . . a 47 Ford is getting frame-off restoration in the shop now.

Attached Files: