Register now to get rid of these ads!

Near Seattle, WA: where do young car people live

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2Hep, May 31, 2010.

1. 2Hep

2Hep

Researching for a friend who is relocating and has no computer access at the moment, to see where there is younger crowd into the car thing, living near or around Seattle, WA. In his early 30's doesn't know where to look to reside. Looking for car people around his age. He's moving up from Georgia with his '56 Buick. Where's hip and young with like minded people?

2. 1320/150

1320/150

I live in the Kent/Des moines (ten miles south of seattle) area. I personally like the Kent area the housing is a little cheaper. Your only 20 minutes from Seattle,Bellevue,and Tacoma. Pacific Raceways is only ten minutes from my house!!! Theres a handful of fri. and sat.night cruises in the south seattle area....

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are car nuts all over the King county area so he shouldn't have problems hooking up with some.

Where he chooses to live may depend more on where he is going to work, what he plans to pay for rent/house payment and what his interests beside cars are.

I'm over on the other side of the Cascades 160 or so miles from Seattle so I don't have a updated handle on it.

If I was 35 years younger and single and had plenty of money I'd probably want to live somewhere in the Ballard area but that might not be the best car nut area.

I'd go along with 1320/150 in that the Renton/Kent/ Auburn area is prime car nut area with a lot of car folks and shops and what not. I spent a lot of time in that area in my late teens and the summer I worked at Boeings way way back when.

4. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I grew up in the greater Seattle area.
    I also lived in Puyallup and points south.
    There is car activity everywhere...No matter where
    he lives. Tacoma is a hotbed also.

5. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I think I'd choose the south end of the metro if I were moving into the area. Most the car stuff I drive into the metro for is south rather than north or east. Of course as I say that I'm ignoring the cruise I sent to yesterday that was 30 minutes north of downtown and the big swaps meet out northeast in Monroe and the popular cruises to the east in Issaquah.

I have to agree with the suggestion that proximity to work and a hard look at housing economics are probably a better way to look at the choice. This is a big area with often terrible traffic and housing runs from expensive to outrageous.

A second consideration would be a place where you can work on a car. There are going to be many housing options that make it difficult to work on something at home and living somewhere a little further out is both cheaper and more likely project car friendly.

If my job didn't really require me to be near my current location I'd be looking out in Graham or Eatonville or somewhere out there. But I like that area and see lots of options for building shops surrounded by space to park stuff I'm not ready to work on.

6. Payaso

Payaso

Not sure about Seattle...but we cool as Hell down here in Portland...and we got Voodoo...

7. mj40's

mj40's

Here is a good place to look for events in the NW. They put out a yearly schedule of events. www.upfrontimages.com

8. Not considered young anymore (in my minds eye, I am), but you can't really go wrong anywhere, in the Puget Sound area. Housing costs are generally less expensive in Tacoma, and farther south. Good suggestion living reasonably close to work..traffic on I-5, and HWY 167 can suck.

9. howco

howco

mj40
    thanks for the tip, I just subscribed.....

10. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

kent is pretty good, try to stay seattle or south, not much going on in north gate or bothel.