Register now to get rid of these ads!

NE Ohio HAMBERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Its great to hear the stories and see the pictures from back in the day, thanks for sharing.

2. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Holy crap!! we haven't even sratched the surface. this area is so rich in hot rod heritage...............

Quigley ave:

typical friday night around '81 or so I recall a black primer 56 chevy post car, handpainted letters on the door "Weekend Warrior" guy was wheels up and banging a stickshift like I had never seen in my life!! when he gets out of the car he has a cast on his left leg. unreal.

Dave

3. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Good, keep going! This will be a book's worth someday all accessible online :D

Definitely bring these stories and pics to share to the Meet and Greet on the 31st. Looks like a lot of you knew each other back in the day and are slowing realizing it!

4. gassman57

gassman57

Any of you guys cruise GOTL(Geneva on the lake)...or Drag at Aetna Rd. back in the day?

5. luckydevil

luckydevil

Your wrong. The show will go on this year. Third weekend in July as always. I am/was the promoter for this show. I will not be promoting the show this year, the track owners will be the people putting on the show, but the show will go on. I will not be as involved as I have been the last three years but the show will still happen this year. More info to follow soon!

6. A elia

A elia

We have great Cars ,clubs and a lot of manufacturer's here

7. Any of you oldtimers remember a 70ish Nova with CHICO painted on the door. He raced it at Thompson's and towed it behind a 442. This would be arounr '73. He would tow it to McDonald's on Northfield in Maple Hts after racing. I remember he seemed to break his tranny alot. Cracked case as I recall. He had arms like beer pony kegs. He always had his girlfriend with him. A tiny girl about 5ft tall at best. One night at McDonald's she got in the great Chick fight and the Rent-A-Cop was clueless as to what to do.

8. Lil' John in action at speed.
    [​IMG]

9. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

hamber coldwar and myself reserected this old coupe in 1993 got a 454 etc. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  10. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Little John still has the Henry J. His Chevy was a '56, turquoise and white, stock appearing on the outside, but tubbed with a big block. I think I remember him saying he built it because the J wasn't fast enough for him anymore! I'm sure he still has the car, though I haven't seen it in years.
    He just built a mid-sixties Corvette roadster with all late model Vette suspension, did everything himself. Unbelieveably nice. He really is a talented guy.

11. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I've been layin low here for the last few weeks but I hail from Hartville. Between Akron and Canton. Lot's of stuff happening around those 2 cities. I won't be able to make it to the meet and greet (not that I'd be missed). I am leaving for Turkey on the 22nd. Maybe another time.

12. N E Ohio today

[​IMG]

13. carmarket

carmarket

Man, What a great thread!!! checking in from NW Ohio. Sorry I missed the meet and greet.If theres another let me know. Keepemrunnin

14. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

northeast ohio today ! ! summer is finally here ! ! Any cool shit goin down future ? ?

Attached Files:

15. c57heaven

c57heaven

Thompson swap meet is the only thing I know of.

16. c57heaven

c57heaven

This weekend (April 18 & 19, 2009) is a relatively big swap meet weekend for East, West and South. Eastsiders can head out to Thompson Raceway Park for the swap meet Sunday which begins at 7:30am (still some vendor spaces left) call 216-406-6301....
    [​IMG]

17. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Nostalgia wars at Quaker city dragway, 6 dates through the summer. Check thier website, 1965 and older
    (my car is a 67,, oh well)
    so I will be set up as a vendor, July 4 has Bob Motz jet truck, Talked to the promoters and they are racers so it should be a nice program.

Dave

18. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

thats cool ! ! marking my calender so i dont miss anything. how about the stick shift dragracers organization ? ? anybody got a schedule yet ?

19. dannyego

dannyego

summer is officially upon us....so whats going on?

20. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

good time

21. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

man i need to get out the shop more i never know where or when any of this stuff is going down

22. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

i can never remember which town is which....but i was born in, all my uncles and aunts live currently, and most have owned garages/gas stations in... Ashtabula or Conneaut Ohio.

great car towns!!

My "Uncle Chuck and Aunt Carol Herb" have had and or currently have some great cars! They owned, before selling, "Chucks auto repair" in Conneaut. they built a wicked ass Studebaker(that is perfect!), a Plymouth sedan (i think), and a original little rambler??

My "Uncle Bill and Aunt Nancy" have, or have had, some unbelievable cars as well. Currently own "Conneaut Collision Center". They have a 32 Ford roadster, he built, that is gonna be in rod and custom(i think its rod and custom) soon. i cant remember! however, i do remember it being bad bad bad!!

My grandfather owned a gas station(sunoco w/ the high test) there for years back in the late 60's i guess. and they raced at the dirt track back in the "old days". My father sold cars at "Tim Brown Chevrolet" and every other dealership in town before we moved in 1980

Thats a great town. if it wasnt for the friggin snow and being so hard to make a living...i would live there in a second. i love to visit. Beautiful!! I miss being in a town with some heritage.

ok....im done!

Chris Herb
    The Herb Family

23. dannyego

dannyego

This thread got quiet along with the Ohio social group. You guys getting your snow chains on yet?....

24. I know what you mean I moved here to West Virginia ( the other side of the river ) from the central coast in California about three years ago. I found a lot of good people into traditional cars all over the place and joined the local club, ( The Ohio Valley Street Survivors ) here in the Ohio Valley area. A lot of good people here I'm loving it here. Take care, Rags

Attached Files:

25. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Hey guys George here from Barnesville ohio eastern ohio near wheeling wv.
    Thought id share a few pics of my project still in mock up will be n some new shoes and fresh paint soon and out of metal mck up hopefully soon.

Not your typical traditional rod but a custom in its own right lol
    many subtle mods with some major mods solid roller 406

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

whats happenin ? any cool shit goin down future ?

27. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

28. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

sounds like a party.....see you there

29. deaconjwh

deaconjwh
    from Parma, OH
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Attached Files:

30. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

remember guys used to race bikes down off east 9th street by capt franks. Down front street from iron horse to berea cafe. John Senko would give the local cops a good view of his tailight on a reg basis. may he R.I.P.

watch out for "THE YUPPIE KILLER" half fast knuck[​IMG]

Attached Files: