Register now to get rid of these ads!

NE Ohio HAMBERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Jan 3, 2009.

1. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

I'm in, North Canton here...lost of good guys around here as well. The every weekend spot is Arby's on Main St. but that is the local stuff, shows and cars all over.

28 sedan
    52 buick

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

PM me. My car is still in parts but if I'm not working I'll run up.

3. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Grafton here, about 20 miles southwest of Cleveland. Business has slowed down to 70 hour work weeks for a while so I mite start building something in the spring.

4. mr. wizard

mr. wizard
    from NE OHIO

Parma? people actually live there?

just kiddin. i grew up in parma. parma heights, actually. which is kind of like saying "i grew up in the trashy part of the ghetto"

5. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  6. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Central ohio says HI!

7. speed-kings

speed-kings

Count me in. I'm sure I can get some of the other Stark County guys. Chris

8. 201

9. The City Of Cleveland hung NO DRAG RACING signs on every light post on Quigley Rd. I hauled asphalt from a plant on W.3 st. with a bunch of other motor heads and at night we'd pull the trucks along side the poles and take the sign home. Got one in the garage right now.[/quote]

My Dad delivered mail W3st, Quigly, Under the Clark Ave Bridge. B&O Roundhouse Circus Circus Samsel Cleveland Builder's Supply, Shell Oil. One story was a guy didn't make the turn from Quigly onto W3st in a '57 Chevy Convt and went under a flatbed trailer and bought it. That was in the early '70s.

10. How about Lee and Seville? or I480 before it opened. Can't remember the guys name with thw wheel standing econline pickup that lived on Seville.

11. There was a real nice Henry J with a blower running around there for a while. I think it was a big block chevy? You could here him coming for at least a mile. Ran pretty good, he pulled a whole shot on aroura road; gone like somebody shot him out of a canon!!! That guy used to build some cool stuff, he had quite a few.

12. 201

There we're some black guys from around Lee and Miles that had a'57 Chevy called Leapen Lena. That car locked up with the ground when it launched like a big buck pro-stock. It would pull one front wheel and proceed forward at a high rate of speed!!

13. If it was the same one I think it was black and had zoomies. It used to shoot the gate (southgate) once in awhile in '73 - '74. Shot flames out the pipes.

14. Same guys with the Econoline pickup. Had the Sunoco station on Miles and Lee across from Earl Scheib.

15. Was it this one? I shot this at the First Gasser Reunion in 2002. It is from the Northfield area.

[​IMG]

16. Crusing south gate was just a bit before my time. So I dont know if its the same one. This would have been 85-92ish at pals and it was fresh looking then. Maybe a rebuild? He was a short guy i knew him as Lil' John. Another one of his cars was a one of them tri 5 chevys that he cut about 4 feet out of the middle. 2 door out of 4 door maybe.
    Ran into him last year at the bmw dealership, i would be supprised if he wasn't on the HAMB some place. very talented.

17. Man that was a long time ago? It sure could have been. last I knew about about 10 yrs ago he was in Macedonia. So chances are thats it.

18. Ramblur

Ramblur

Try to get back that way every year. Columbiana,south of Youngstown.
    Homestead of Harvey Firestone with frequent visits from Henry too. 15
    minutes from Quaker City Dragway and a great place to grow up.
    Way to go Ohio... See you in the spring(Canfield Swap Meet)

20. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

You may be thinking of Steve Obertanic. He has a bad a$$ Gremlin that was either dark green or black with heavy metal flake. He raced at Norwalk and Dragway 42.

21. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

Good lord now you're bringin up memories...Quigley Ave....WOW...lol:)

22. Yep "LiL" John. I talked to him a few months ago. He is building a tube frame custom C-2 Corvette and you are right, Macedonia.

23. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

That works for me. Anyone else?

24. uponone

uponone

hey..im out in doylestown...around akron..im new to the hobby....got a 40ish chevy truck that im still trying to determin what year it is....just started collecting the tools i need to get started...got my grinder last night and got started...still need a compressor and welder....but im ready to get it done....any donations of old tools to a new guy would be appreciated..just bought a house with my wife...told her the only thing i wanted was a garage to work in....finally the dream has come true

25. Congrats on the new house, and welcome to the hobby....Check out all the local swap meets for the best deals on tools, parts etc....In cleveland there is a place called HGR, you cannot go wrong there to equip your shop/garage on the cheap!

26. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

We've been talking about getting together for a winter HAMB meet and greet over in the Ohio social club here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=35

Hot Rod City would probably be good since it is near a freeway and all. What are you guys thinking, a Friday or Saturday nigtht?

27. Dave- I am checking with Bill Vitez. His dad wrenched on Al Adamics "Al's Toy" back in the day.

28. Plymouth Duster with a Hemi. Don't know about Quigly.

29. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Was it blue like the periwinkle crayon with flat black on the top? Moon discs and no door handles? If that's the one, that sure was a cool Gremlin. I remember it from a cruise night at Hardee's in Sheffield Lake years ago. Gotta see some pictures of that!

30. <TABLE id=71196 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#d2d2d2 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ededed><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top width="45%" bgColor=#acacac>Al Adamic from Wickliffe, Ohio USA </TD><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top width="45%" bgColor=#acacac>1969 - Category: PS-CLASSIC, Type: LN, Class: PRO, Div: 3</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#c8c8c8><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top>"Al's Toy" Owned by Al Adamic from Wickliffe, Ohio USA </TD><TD class=textdisplay vAlign=top>Crew Chief: Al Adamic</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dcdcdc><TD class=textdisplay colSpan=3>'68 Plymouth Barracuda by Hurst | Powered by a 426 cubic inch Plymouth by Ramchargers with automatic transmission </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]