Register now to get rid of these ads!

Navarro Engine photo's - anyone got some?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drewfus, May 15, 2007.

1. Whilst I'm busy getting things done on a few projects, my mind has been wondering back to a project I started about 6 years ago, that has been neglected and in storage since I got married 4 years ago, my 28 model A rpu.

The dream has always been to have a 4/71 blown flatty in it, but in the interest of time, my original plan was to just run a little 4 cylinder to get it on the road, and change the motor down the track when I'd saved up some money etc.

As mentioned, it's been sitting idle, so my original 4 banger theory fell over. Moving on, as a tease to myself to get things happening, I recently pulled it out of storage, and have since stuck it right in the middle of my new shed, not to be worked on until I get my life back into some kindo of order.

To trim this ramble down a few paragraphs.....

I'm hoping, out there in HAMBland, someone will have a few photo's of the Navarro engine, and engine bay, as whilst I've seen it in the flesh, I've only ever got a couple of old photo's as the bonnet is almost always shut.

Bottom line, does anyone have some photo's they can share of this wonderful piece of purpose oriented Hot Rodding, as I'm curious to see more of this particular car and engine bay in particular, my little fire in my head needs some fuel.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Drewfus

Attached Files:

2. Anyone?

Beuller?

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

3. 390Power

390Power
    from Oregon

The only two I have, probably from here anyways..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Number 35 of The Rodders Journal has the complete story of Navarro's roadster along with a good photo of the engine. It may still be out at the newsstand.

5. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Just found another picture, wish I knew how to scan stuff. There is a book out called "The Birth of Hot Rodding" and page 54 has another good close up of the engine. It's running little velocity stacks on the carbs at that time and the article says it produced 237 horses at 5,350 rpm. This is a pretty good book, got mine of amazon a couple months back.

6. I think I've got that book, thanks. Will order TRJ.

Thanks, anyone else have a fresh photo.

Cheers,

Drewfus

7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

His 1948 motor was a 32 block i belive, anybody have that??