Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nature has a way to eliminate no longer productive people

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Just don't put me in a home. :(

olscrounger and loudbang like this.
  2. gene-koning

gene-koning

No disfunction here.
    When I was a young man, my father told me "Don't ever let the little head do the thinking for the big head. It (the little head) will get you in trouble every time, one way or another." He was right then, and it still applies today. Gene

vtx1800, Deuces and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  3. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

You guys seem to be able to cop to every malady of old age except the one that matters least. :D

loudbang likes this.
  4. spanners

spanners

What, forgetting stuff?

loudbang likes this.
  5. jimpopper

jimpopper

When I lose things, it never fails that I find them the last place I looked. Oh to have the foresight to look the last place first. And why did the back of my hands get so thin skinned? I change a set of brake pads and it looks like I lost a bar fight.

6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lower the water level in the bowl a bit. You'll be fine for decades ! LOL.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That will work every time if you can remember when you find it to quit looking.

8. devilleish

devilleish

At 45, I'm well into the grip of MS. One doesn't have to stop being productive in order to be eliminated. My productivity is being eliminated at the same time. I've adapted to the physical problems so far and just work a bit slower, but the most maddening part is the brain fog that comes and goes. I've forgotten what I'm saying in the middle of a sentence at times. It's not necessarily easy to live with, but at the same time it's fascinating to see what the body's defense mechanism can do when it becomes aggressive toward things it is supposed to protect.

9. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

I’ve been laughing for the past 15 minutes. However I stopped laughing because I realized most of these apply to me, and I’m only 30 lol. I’ve got a long road in front of me...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. trollst

trollst

Devilleish, I know you're not looking for sympathy, but I'm sorry for you man, glad to see you not giving in to a disease that you know will get the best of you. You can teach all us old whiny guys a lesson.
    If I were closer, I'd run right over to help, you have my admiration, go man go.....LeRoy.

11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

It's pretty easy to laugh when someone else slips on the banana peal. :)

12. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

keep at her devilleish, slow, steady and safe keeps you in the game

13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Ok, you asked for it! 53192417_610700542711189_5238160565381103616_n.jpg

14. The last fully productive full day I had on my Bel Air involved pulling the motor and tranny out and swapping the 327 for a 350. Clutch, pressure plate, etc, all went smooth. Dimpled the firewall with the BFH to clear the hei, and slid everything back in place. As me and buddy were buttoning things up, I had THAT feeling that this was going way too smoothly and trouble free...I took a step back to look things over, glanced at the flex plate sitting on the bench, and f@#k...rook everything back apart, went to my 70 year old mechanic buddy to pick up a pilot bushing that was on the shelf so long the price tag was $1.49, and away we went.....

loudbang, Six Ball and Deuces like this.
  15. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Love it! I've outlived my pecker, 2 aortic valves, one eye, and a bunch of little stuff. I'll be down to racing form soon. :eek:
    Having one eye doesn't mean I'm half blind. My world is smaller but it's full of surprises. It only takes half as much time to look at an ugly girl. It takes twice as long to look at a pretty girl. I can't see all of a fat girl at once. It only takes half as much beer to get blind drunk. I don't squint when I shoot. If I need a cornea transplant I can be my own donor. There are a few problems with close up depth perception especially in the shop. I don't like those spark plug grounding kill things on lawn mowers and stuff. I almost always miss the tab and find the plug. Drilling holes in the right spot takes a bit more setup time. I'm way more careful about safety glasses. :)

mr57, loudbang and fredb like this.