Register now to get rid of these ads!

Native Houston Hot Rodder

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Road King, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Road King

Road King

Hello , It seems I know a lot of you from lurking on this site for several years. I've finally joined after seeing so many of my photos on HAMB. The early Texas drag pictures from a few weeks back all came from posters a friend of mine made from some of my stuff. He sells them at local swap meets. I was the owner/ sometimes driver of the "ROAD KINGS' dragster back in 1956-59. I started racing in the back of Westbury subdivision around 1955 and was involved in the Post Oak/ Richmond drags,the blimp base at Hitchcock,Ellington Field and the building of Houston Freeway dragstrip. When I started legal racing Houston had no strip, so we ran at Castroville and Martindale AFB near San Antonio, Prarie Hill (near Waco), and Rockport near Corpus. I left drag racing in the early 60,s to raise a family. No regrets.
    I had a lot of neat street cars--Henry-j/Pontiac--custom Packard Hawk--etc. In 1976 I formed "Southwest Street Machines" and we have been holding a Rod Run for 27 years at Richmond, Texas. I have been with the Houston Autorama for 26 years and pointed the finger at Daneen, as the person to get Traditional rods started at this years Autorama. I'm almost 70 and am trying to get some of the history I posess on paper before I'm gone.
    Buddy Aden------------Road King

2. pecker head

pecker head

Cool ! welcome from Corsicana , I got some of your pictures on my garage walls !

3. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

Welcome from Lubbock, and welcome to the HAMB

4. Brad S.

Brad S.

Cool beans!

Welcome to the board. :D