Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nationwide US tour - ideas needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BarryA, May 2, 2010.

1. BarryA

BarryA

This is still a very loose idea, but could use some ideas/input:
    A couple of South Africans are keen on shipping a car (possibly even 2) over to the US and hitting some of the major shows. Looking for advise on an itinary and best time of year to do it.
    LSR and an event or two on the West Coast are pretty much my "must haves" but I may get out voted...
    Although I'd like to be able to make it longer, 6 weeks would probably be about the maximum window we could manage.
    Could also use some contributions on legal/logistical issues around ports, licensing of the vehicles etc. There are a couple of A roadsters, pick-ups as well as 2 Shoeboxes in the works right now. Being able to sell the cars instead of shipping back would make sense so they should be "desirable", but building for reliability and availability of parts is also a factor.
    I guess we'd be aiming at 2012 (since most of the cars are very much projects still right now:D) if we can pull it off...
    Any thoughts, ideas or experiences from anyone who's done something similar would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Barry

2. If it were me, I'd go in next April and hit Viva and the Roundup.... OR Come in August and hit Bonneville speed week and the HAMB Drags.