Register now to get rid of these ads!

National Exposure

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by nexxussian, Nov 12, 2008.

1. nexxussian

nexxussian

So did I miss the post about the HAMB drags, and an actual picture of an HA/GR car (they even got the class name right in the caption :D) in a national mag?

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

I'll take that as a 'No'.

In the Issue I just bought of "Hot Rod Deluxe" there is a bit on the HAMB Drags, complete with a pic (IIRC on page 28 or 30, mag's not in front of me right now) of 2 HA/GRs going down the 1/4.:D

Nice pic, who won?

3. nexxussian

nexxussian

Okay, make that Pg 20, FWIW it's the January 2009 issue.

4. ThingyM

ThingyM

I have never seen a Mag called "Hot Rod Deluxe"...Do you mean Hot Rod Mag..If so I'll go get one...

5. nexxussian

nexxussian

No, it's a spin off, I get it at Borders Books, or sometimes Barnes & Noble (we have both here). It has a fair amount of vintage stuff from Hot Rod Mag, that same issue has an article on the 'Super Shaker' B-Vill car, and lotsa neat pics. It also has some 'pinup' stuff (with only minimal OSR influence in a few of them).

It's been in and out of print a few yeaers now (go, stop, go, stop, we're apparently on 'go' again :rolleyes:). I have a link to a site or two.

Hot Rod Deluxe, per Hot Rod Mag (Freiburger)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  6. nexxussian

nexxussian

Well, dang, I just searched everywhere I know online and the only place I find the Jan '09 issue of HRD is Fleabay. Maybe it's 'off again'.:(:confused:

I just bought mine off the stand last week, kinda hard to believe it made it to Alaska and nowhere else (well, except Montatna evidently, and almost double the cover price too, geeze)??

7. nexxussian

nexxussian

Huh, maybe it's just that I can't search worth a durn. I was searching for pics of the two cars and I can find only one here (I've seen multiple of each, here).

In the near lane (in the pic in HRD) is the Black HA/GR with 'You abut to fine out' on the left side below the driver's arm (pic is from the left). The other (in the 'far' lane) is the 2B car, I believe it to be a newer pic though :rolleyes: (in the mag, I swiped this one from GMC Bubba's thread 1st post).

Appologies, there have been enough of these change hands recently that I have lost track of who owns them, it's one of the reasons I was searching for pics (I wouldn't want to 'blame' someone that wasn't guilty :rolleyes: cool to look at the pics I found though:D).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  8. Rand Man

Rand Man

The black car is Cowboy Bob. He and 2b banjo are from Wisconsin. They've both done a lot of good for this class.

9. nexxussian

nexxussian

Yeah, I agree fully, just couldn't find a post that said they still owned their respective cars. I would've posted it earlier, but was kinda hopin' one of them would see the mag and post. Didn't realise the mag was such a 'specuial market' deal (evidently, I would've posted this thread with a different title too).

It's just so unusual for us to get anything in print 'first' (we usually have the stuff on the newstand at least a week later, at least from what I've seen posted here on the HAMB :confused:).

10. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

walmart has them or at least the one close to me does

11. nexxussian

nexxussian

That's good, at least it's not that 'exclusive' then (and more people will see it :D).

12. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

It's on the book rack in alot of the stores here in and around Tulsa. Good reading.