Register now to get rid of these ads!

National Drive Your Hot Rod to Work Week (May 17-21)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BenD, Apr 15, 2010.

1. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Coming back from the Roundup earlier this week my son made the realization that he rarely sees Hot Rods being driven other than during an event. In Austin, during the week we saw hundreds on the street, but less than twenty on the trip down and back. Even though there was a mini-nats in OKC, you'd think between Austin and OKC we'd see several, not the case.

He also said, "You know when I see a Hot Rod rolling down the road I get excited, my heart races, and I can't keep from smiling." It does the same to me, and I'd assume it does the rest of you too. That's why we do this isn't it?

So, after a bit of discussion, he came up with the idea of a "Drive your Hot Rod to Work Day". Hell, make it a week. The weather is warming up, events are happening and most of us need a good shakedown run this spring anyway. We're planning on going to PA for the "Jalopy Showdown" and then taking the following week to meander home. That would be a perfect time to see how much effect this suggestion will have.
    So on his suggestion, "National Drive Your Hot Rod to Work Week", starts May 17th.
    Get out and Drive 'em, we'll be counting. :D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  2. Good idea. I'll do it. Except, I don't work anymore. But, drive it, I shall.

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

good idea. i'm in for sure. it's just too bad we have to wait so long...

4. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Gives me time to get mine going again AND it's his birthday :)

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

I don't have a rod, but I usually drive my truck when it is nice anyways. Grundy says it can be used for joy rides- any time I drive it, its a joy ride. So I will drive that to work!

6. Might as well do it now, before the goons in DC figure out a way to ban all fun.

7. 28RPU6

28RPU6

I have to drive the company truck during the week which sucks, but after hours i am in.

8. yblock292

yblock292

What a kool idea!

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm in! I think I have that week off anyway. Might just drive around the countryside for 10 days.:D

10. We do it almost everyday. We are runnin' around town pickin' up parts in this sucker rain or shine.....Shoulda seen everyone's faces in other cars with us tearin' through the show this past winter with the new heater on full blast and new electric wipers smackin' across the windshield like a madman! Now that's fun......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  11. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

After hours, work or not, from sea to sea. I'm curious how far reaching the ripple effect of the Hamb is. Given a months notice, just how many Hot Rods can we get on the streets during a given week.

12. Sheet, I drive em every day anyways.

13. the '36 is nowhere near complete, but i do drive the panel everyday.

14. NoSurf

NoSurf

I'm in.

I need to get the ragtop outa winter slumber also.

15. Muttley

Muttley

Sounds good..................now someone hire me so I can drive my car to work. ;) :D

16. Great idea, but I think there is something like this already? Still, we can have it more than once a year!

17. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Well I drove it all winter Rain, snow, or otherwise, so I'll be in also!

18. your hired!!!

19. I'll just have to push mine out in the driveway and go Vroom Vroom. That's ok though, the neighbors think I'm nuts anyway but they love my car.

20. voodoochili

voodoochili

21. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Since I am only working 2.8 mile from home now I will be driving it all of the time.

22. yblock292

yblock292

Who all is in , in the Wichita area?

23. patman

patman

I work from home, so...it'll be here already. Like today.

24. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I drive my '40 Plymouth coupe to work everyday anyway, weather permitting. Talked to a guy just this morning at Lowes Lumber, parking his '29 Dodge. We drive 'em here in central Indiana.

25. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Just like this week..... I'm on it.

26. Hal_396

Hal_396

sign me up also.

27. jroberts

jroberts

I'll drive the Stude pickup that week, if I work. If not I'll drive it anyway. I usually drive it once or twice a week running errands and such. I'm retired and substitute teach, so during that week if I get called to sub, I'll drive the Stude to work.

28. Love it, love it. I'm in, I'm there.

29. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

My coupe definatly won't be done by then, but I ride my harley! It doesn't count though, but at least its something I guess.