Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects NASTY HABIT WILLYS part 6....Firewall,tunnel,gas tank,bat' mt,seats etc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Mar 21, 2009.

1. woody2

woody2

Awesome Kev, Totaly Awesome.;)

2. solid

solid

I always keep my eyes peeled for this build. Your giving a clinic on how to keep the cost down, and it not having to effect the quality of work. Your fab work, and craftsmanship is inspiring. Cool car.

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I've looked at these pictures a dozen times... magic... fantastic work!

4. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Kev, That is so Damn Stunning, I can't wait to see it done.
    So simple yet just so damn right!The history in those parts alone is far more than a lot of other cars have in their whole being!

Nick.

5. CalGasser

CalGasser

Bitchin' Kevin! Nice work, gotta drop by to check out the progress. When can we get back on my 55? Vic

6. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

badass, and the first piture is too cool

7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I can hear the brrm brrrm noises already !!! Nice.

8. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Weasel, what're you saying???:confused: Yes I HAD lots of hair, even a handlebar moustach and you're right, that was about 20 years ago...:eek: But still as good looking today though. :D Vic

9. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Man Kev your getting closer. Not to long from now youll be bangin gears shreding tires!

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This rules - Nice work, Kev!

Malcolm

11. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Great Work, can't wait to see more!!!!

-Saint

12. Very nice Kev.

I especially like the battery mount.
    Simple, minimal, looks good and best of all, it works.

One comment, not a criticism and perhaps only pertains to me and my somewhat damaged right ankle.

Much time spent driving the car and I'll bet that throttle pedal will have you tired out.

I wonder if a place to rest/wedge the right side of your foot would help.

I have a taller trans tunnel than most and one of the reasons is to be able to wedge my foot and throttle pedal against the tunnel.
    Helps a lot on long trips and even the not-so-long trips.

Izzat chopped 35 or 36 I see in the initial pic?

13. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

nice love it...im running the same master cylinder in my 29..where did your pedal assembly come from???? thanks Brian

14. duffman

duffman

Gotta love a Willys. Or as my friend from England calls them, Willis. Your craftmanship is an inspiration.

15. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As usual nice work!

16. Hey Vic, I thought you had the 55 finished;), let's work on it right after Dragfest.

C9....The gas pedal is more comfortable than it looks. When I am sitting in the car my heel rests in front of the pedal and the ball of my foot contacts the middle of the pedal, it's pretty comfortable for me. To make a run down the track I would probably place my foot completely on the pedal. I am 5'8" and I fit good but this car wouldn't suit someone over 6', not with this engine set back anyway. More room in every direction would be nice, I just have enough room for roll bar and helmet. I am not too worried about practicality with this car, if I was I wouldn't be building a dual quad, 4 speed, 4.88 geared Willys gasser to drive to work. I only have a 10 minute commute and I don't have to get on the freeway so I think it will be fun. A little thrill for me every day.

29 bones.......The swinging pedals are Ansen. I got them used but Vern Tardel makes replicas.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  17. wow, its gona be an awesome way to go to work. garanteed to have you smiling all day long. willys rock!

18. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Amazing car! great work.

19. I ust a see those cars at Lions when I was a little kid... Nice gasser.. Mikey

20. jangleguy

jangleguy

Good work as usual, Kev! Thanks for posting - keeping me inspired...

21. It is looking great Kev....you did say you were planning to take a trip down the track every once in a while, didn't you??? Sure would be cool to make a pass with you at the HAMB Drags this summer! I had those same seats in the Rebel Reaper, but just couldn't get comfortable in them...My foot was too big for that style gas pedal too..Your lucky on your size....I am pretty cramped in my car.....

22. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

You know,you're an excellent teacher? I always learn something when I view your pics.
    The way you mounted your tach on the step down ledge is genius! Could I borrow that idea? I promise to credit you!
    I have a similar gas pedal and have wondered how to mount it.Uhh,could I,uh sorta,uh,borrow that idea too?
    Thanks for posting the cool pics! Great work!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  23. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Hands down my favorite build on the HAMB! Can't wait to see this thing pull the front wheels.

24. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ditto

kev yer kickin ass

25. If anyone wants to steal any ideas go for it. I'm sure I stole them from somewhere. I'm glad you like the tach' mt. I thought it was a little hokey, I was just working with what I had.

Clutched......Hey Drew, it will be a while before you see any pics like that. I have quite a few things to do yet. Worst will be mounting the doors. The hinges are pointing in different directions and the top hinges are welded to the body so that will be fun. The doors are very light weight 'glass and need beefing up in the mounting areas. I have stock latch harware but I know it's not just going to bolt in and work. I look forward to getting past the door installation. Fiberglass is not my favorite stuff to work with! Then I still need a rear firewall, rollbar, wiring, plumbing, windows etc, etc. Oh yeah, don't have an engine built yet either. I'm having fun with this project
    though and I'm very motivated. These H.A.M.B. build posts help alot with the motivation, I recommend it to others.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  26. Chopperman

Chopperman

27. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hey Kev, this build is awesome and your work is inspirational. I too have learned a lot by looking at your build pics. Great work sir.

Coincidentally, you and I are the same height, you'll have to let me try it on for size someday. :D

28. agentwaldo

agentwaldo
    from Ventura

Kiwi Kev,
    That old unit is lookin' plenty sano mate, semi proud of you. Keep up the good work and the well done photos and explanations on these cool threads.
    agentwaldo.

29. Kevin, I am watching this. Really cool. Makes me wish I never sold mine. Hope to see you soon. Good work pal.

30. scottybaccus

scottybaccus